Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m sorry I claimed Tesla support was helpful

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to apologize. I’ve been telling people that Tesla Support is very helpful if you call and ask for for help in a meaningful manner. I was wrong. I spoke with a representative today who refuse to take a report of the problems I’m having with auto pilot. He said “it would be a waste of resources to report what happened to you.” Rather than let an engineer decide what’s helpful he thought he knew better enter.

here’s what happened. On Sunday, I drove from the SF Bay Area to Crescent city. At 8:35 on 101N in Leggett, CA Autopilot stopped slowing down for curves. I stopped, put the car in park and resumed. No change. I stopped, did “Power Off” waited for 10 minutes before pressing the brake pedal. No change
Only after I supercharged In Crescent City at 3:30 pm did Autopilot begin slowing for curves again.

It seemed to me that there was a problem.

the telephone representatives answer? “Sir that is not a feature of Autopilot. Autopilot does not slow down for curves. The manual says don’t drive on curvy roads. And freeways don’t have curves. Therefore you must have been on city streets and we don’t support turns on city streets. You can’t expect beta features to work at all and we certainly don’t want feedback when they don’t work.”

Ps. Tesla support won’t talk to you now if you don’t know your range and odometer reading. That’s all it takes to prove you own the car. Range and odometer.

i love this car. But today I was treated like cr@p by Tesla and it doesn’t feel good.

pps: I asked for a call from the guys manager. Anyone want to bet I will never receive that call?

No. Beta declaration on AP features is for liability purposes. There is an early release program with a select few owners who test out releases... like a real beta. Those people are heard.

I understand from your point of view: something weird happened and you want to understand it.
I also understand from Tesla’s perspective. Hundreds of thousands of owners using this intricate software. If they investigated every report, it would consume them.

They are not going to/cannot economically change this responsiveness.

personally, I’ve seen so much AP improvement in software updates that I trust that anything weird I experience will be addressed if it is not an anomaly. Sometimes I use the voice control “bug report” feature to communicate things.

relax, have fun with it. It’s a trip. If you hate it after a while, buy a Hyundai. :)

Right? I mean isn’t beta software to get feedback?

So what you plan on calling Tesla and be on hold for hours at a time to let them know your vehicle went too fast into a turn..... If you plan on reporting every issue that Tesla advertised I hope you have an extra 10 hrs a week to waste.... Better make is 12 hrs, leave a couple hours to let others know online.

No. Beta declaration on AP features is for liability purposes. There is an early release program with a select few owners who test out releases... like a real beta. Those people are heard.

I understand from your point of view: something weird happened and you want to understand it.
I also understand from Tesla’s perspective. Hundreds of thousands of owners using this intricate software. If they investigated every report, it would consume them.

personally, I’ve seen so much AP improvement in software updates that I trust that anything weird I experience will be addressed if it is not an anomaly. Sometimes I use the voice control “bug report” feature to communicate things.

relax, have fun with it. It’s a trip. If you hate it after a while, buy a Hyundai. :)
Oh I don’t want to understand it. I just want to provide data points so they can know what’s happening so they have a chance at fixing it in future versions. A portion of Autopilot stopped working. That’s kind of a flaw

I’ve had this car two years. I understand the progression of Autopilot.

I also realize Tesla engineers live in the Bay Area and the car represents that. That’s why Peoples first winter with the Model 3 was less than ideal. That’s why the car requires a cellular connection to work. There’s always cell service in the Bay Area.

I just wanted to report what I had experienced. In the past Tesla support has actively encouraged me to make notes of problems and report them.

ps: I called back and talked to another rep. She apologized for the first rep and took a full report. All I ever wanted.

So what you plan on calling Tesla and be on hold for hours at a time to let them know your vehicle went too fast into a turn..... If you plan on reporting every issue that Tesla advertised I hope you have an extra 10 hrs a week to waste.... Better make is 12 hrs, leave a couple hours to let others know online.
No. A feature That has been working stopped working Until the autopilot computer rebooted. That indicates some software process failed and didn’t restart.

I’d say 30 minutes once every few months isn’t too much time to spend when something acts really broken.

i love this car. But today I was treated like cr@p by Tesla and it doesn’t feel good.

pps: I asked for a call from the guys manager. Anyone want to bet I will never receive that call?

Don’t worry. They will be treating you like crap everyday now that they have your money.

Post sale service/support is not something they pride themselves on.

Oh I don’t want to understand it. I just want to provide data points so they can know what’s happening so they have a chance at fixing it in future versions. A portion of Autopilot stopped working. That’s kind of a flaw

I’ve had this car two years. I understand the progression of Autopilot.

I also realize Tesla engineers live in the Bay Area and the car represents that. That’s why Peoples first winter with the Model 3 was less than ideal. That’s why the car requires a cellular connection to work. There’s always cell service in the Bay Area.

I just wanted to report what I had experienced. In the past Tesla support has actively encouraged me to make notes of problems and report them.

ps: I called back and talked to another rep. She apologized for the first rep and took a full report. All I ever wanted.
If you use the bug report feature, it will time stamp your comments and whisk it past dumbass phone reps to engineers who can match with your logs and use to improve the product. Or so I hope.

I hate to say it, but i've heard from some people i trust that Tesla has a ridiculous turnover percentage for support staff. Like on the order of losing 10% of people per month or something insane, so sadly i am not very surprised at these poor experiences.

In many cases the owners (especially people on this forum who are reading this) likely know more than the support team.

If you use the bug report feature, it will time stamp your comments and whisk it past dumbass phone reps to engineers who can match with your logs and use to improve the product. Or so I hope.

Nope.

Well, it WILL timestamp the logs.

But they don't go anywhere.

They stay local on the car.

If you open a service ticket the local service center can access them remotely on your car- but otherwise nobody ever sees em.

I'm sure they look at every single bug report. :rolleyes:

Cmon, anyone tried calling cadillac customer service with an issue about super cruise? I’ll bet you’d get 30 minutes of the “what?” Game. Like when I had my egolf and called VW about some charging issues. Using a support line I had to PAY for monthly. And they kept telling me to jump start it. Admittedly Tesla service is spotty. But that’s common in the industry, and I’m not sure that when they are not the only game in town the other games will offer better.