Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humming noise, charged, car is off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
Does anyone know why my 2014 P85 started making this humming noise underneath the frunk?

2015 Model S 85D owner here. I get this noise if I've charged my car above about 78% SOC or so. I believe it's a coolant pump related to the battery pack. This started happening around the time that Tesla changed some of the battery management system programming in 2019 (see "batterygate" and "chargegate").

To the best of my knowledge the noise is harmless although I've taken to charging to 75% for daily usage just to reduce wear and tear on whatever mechanisms are running.

Bruce.
Does anyone know why my 2014 P85 started making this humming noise underneath the frunk?

2015 Model S 85D owner here. I get this noise if I've charged my car above about 78% SOC or so. I believe it's a coolant pump related to the battery pack. This started happening around the time that Tesla changed some of the battery management system programming in 2019 (see "batterygate" and "chargegate").

To the best of my knowledge the noise is harmless although I've taken to charging to 75% for daily usage just to reduce wear and tear on whatever mechanisms are running.

Bruce.

Upvote 0
Solution

Bruce.
Thank you

Reactions: bmah
Upvote 0