Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you get ignored by Model S owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 3 reasons why I don't wave:
1. I don't see the other car.
2. It's dangerous (traffic, etc.).
3. I'm busy "verifying" the X-Y performance of my vehicle.

I usually try to wave at Tesla vehicles and sometimes Lotus Elise "just in case" / by accident.

I got a roadster for me. I mean really... who cares if people wave? Is this honestly really a topic. LOL. It's a car, not a house of worship.

You guys are too sensitive. Maybe a few Caitlin's in the making?

Have a great weekend one and all. I won't wave. I'll be too busy trying to keep my Roadster from going airborne in this awesome spring weather.

You'll know who I am 'cause I'll have the big grin plastered ear to ear as I dodge NYC drivers, taxis, and potholes like I'm driving at the Montreal Grand Prix.

Best,

T

99.9% of the waving I've done to other drivers has been to acknowledge the flattened noses and wide grins of others, as they realize what I am driving. Even had a Nissan 3x0 ZX thing (whatever number they're up to now) slam on his brakes as he was passing me (I was in the middle lane, he in the fast lane) to get a good look at my car. We waved, and he drove on.

Never gets old...

Could be an age thing. I drove up beside an elderly couple that I knew very well; waved ,honked my horn but could not get their attention. Too focused on driving I assume.
Personally I'm not nearly as aware at who's looking at my car as I was when I first got it.
Same goes for looking for Teslas while driving

Could be an age thing. I drove up beside an elderly couple that I knew very well; waved ,honked my horn but could not get their attention. Too focused on driving I assume.
Personally I'm not nearly as aware at who's looking at my car as I was when I first got it.
Same goes for looking for Teslas while driving

It's not so much Model S drivers not noticing other Model S. But Roadster owners are noticing a change in Tesla ownership, where many people don't recognize a Roadster as part of the Tesla family. Hence, this thread...

It's not so much Model S drivers not noticing other Model S. But Roadster owners are noticing a change in Tesla ownership, where many people don't recognize a Roadster as part of the Tesla family. Hence, this thread...
To be fair, I almost never get a response from a Roadster owner when I wave. It goes both ways.

Now THAT's tacky. I have an MS and I give a nod to every Tesla owner. We are part of the new breed and the revolution! And really, without the Roadster owners, there would be no MS.

I agree but it seems like Tesla is partly to blame. Their website does not have a Roadster section anymore and didn't see any pics at the Tesla Store. I understand that they don't sell it anymore and most likely don't want to confuse customers but could have kept something on the website.
My wife drives the Roadster has gotten the "is this a new car from Tesla?" too!

Still waiting for the next Roadster to wave to, but I've already had about 5 other Model S pass by when I was in mine without noticing my new guy wave.

I kid you not, but before the Tesla, I had a white 2012 Audi TTS as well... crazy.
I have my TTS in for service today. I had them check and found there were only 116 TTS roadsters imported in 2012, 3 the color of mine, and 2 my color with my interior. Apparently I drive a unicorn. No wonder I haven't found another to wave at.

Unfortunately, this has happened to me more than I'd like to admit in the Dallas area. The worst: I saw a new P85D pull into a parking lot when I was leaving. I drove over to him in my Roadster, rolled down the window, and extended a friendly "Hello! I love the car!". Guy looks straight at me blankly and continues to walk inside the building. It nearly ruined my day until later when the kindest woman on earth in a blue Model S gave me the most enthusiastic wave ever.

Win some, lose some I guess. I couldn't agree more with @Vip about Tesla not including the Roadster on the main part of their site. Am I the only one who misses playing around with the Design Studio for the Roadster? I probably spent WAY too long on that thing.