Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible experience trying to buy a MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First we were told the car was arriving Tuesday, and that we had 3 days to collect the vehicle. OK, that seems a bit pushy as there was not much notice given, but we cleared our schedule to pick up the car on Wednesday (yesterday). We live 2 hours away from the dealer and ended up waiting around for 1/2 the day only to be told the car was not on the truck and would not be available for pickup. OK... that's not good, but we were told it will be on the truck that night and we can pick it up today (Thursday). So that didn't happen either and we've spent 1/2 the day again waiting around only to find out it's not coming on a truck until Tomorrow (so they say anyway :rolleyes:). Tomorrow doesn't work for us, so the next time we can pick it up is next Tuesday, if in fact, it arrives by then.

Two days wasted and now we have to reschedule our PPE and wheels and tires appointment.

There was really poor communication through this whole thing. Promises to be given a call at 9:00am to let us know what's going on, only to wait around for another 1.5 hours before getting to talk to anyone.

If we're treated this bad when we're trying to give them money, I can't imagine how we will be treated when we need the warranty.

Really having second thoughts.....

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: GOVA
Not that it would necessarily help in your case, but maybe try messaging them on the app? That was how i set my delivery appointment. I replied to the "tesla delivery" sender. They were pretty slow to get back to me at times, but ultimately did get me set up to go pick up the car.

If you think it's bad now, wait until they tell you they're going to cancel your order if you don't pick it up by end of day Sunday to make the current quarter...

As it turns out, they made us an offer we couldn't refuse.... just had to pick it up before the end of the quarter.

So now we have a MYP in the barn. However there are some serious panel gaps issues on the driver door and the rear hatch. In fact the glass on the rear hatch is sitting proud of the roof glass by about 3mm on one side. I pointed all this out to the dealer and he said they would get it fixed for us. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a nightmare. Our sales/prep guy seems trust worthy, so fingers crossed.

Maybe better service on Earth than Mars?

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm still waiting on my roadster... it's been in transit for years now.

space car.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: redpoint5