Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink is here in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to know what frequency it runs at. It needs to be 433 Hz. Won’t work if it 318.mHz. The manufacturer is Gentex Corp. you could try asking them directly.
I approached them a couple of years ago. They flat refused to ship any componant to australia.
The silly part is there are plenty of exceptional door openers that use a basic app to work. Homelink is now somewhat obsolete technology. We have a big screen that takes apps.....tesla just need to either make their own or pick one.
My homelink symbol has disappeared for the 3rd time.

@paulp - Luke has driven over an hour to pick up my car (when I was at a clients way out of Melbourne), drop off a loaner, drive my car back to Richmond, fix my car and then return it...on XMAS eve party...beat that ;-) My tech is better than yours :p

Oh and Andrew, service manager, has also dropped off a loaner X to pick up my wife's X with a free swap over, at like 8pm at night (he even had to drop his wife to Chadstone Shops ;))...my service manager to better than yours :p

hehehehe, on a serious note aren't we lucky Tesla attracts so many good people to work for them?

Reactions: Shock-On-T
@paulp - Luke has driven over an hour to pick up my car (when I was at a clients way out of Melbourne), drop off a loaner, drive my car back to Richmond, fix my car and then return it...on XMAS eve party...beat that ;-) My tech is better than yours :p

Oh and Andrew, service manager, has also dropped off a loaner X to pick up my wife's X with a free swap over, at like 8pm at night (he even had to drop his wife to Chadstone Shops ;))...my service manager to better than yours :p

hehehehe, on a serious note aren't we lucky Tesla attracts so many good people to work for them?

The things we get to argue over....

@Icey - you can always find out what makes your favourite Tesla staff tick....for example until recently I didn't know that Luke has adopted 12 children from Tanzania, set up a house with nanny, built a school and has helped over 500 people regain their eye sight....literally set up a charity organisation, learnt Swahili and did all the aforementioned.....needless to say myself and my wife would like to help Luke with fund raising events and the like (any help to achieve this would be welcomed, pretty please)....

Last edited:
Reactions: Icey
I have the icon and a 2018 model, have been attempting to get it to work to no avail. The car detects the remote and I have found the learn button on my brand new garage door. Can get it to work in either mode - standard or universal remote. Should I keep playing or wait until further instructions from Tesla?

I have the icon and a 2018 model, have been attempting to get it to work to no avail. The car detects the remote and I have found the learn button on my brand new garage door. Can get it to work in either mode - standard or universal remote. Should I keep playing or wait until further instructions from Tesla?
You may be better off asking in this thread:
Making homelink work In equipped model s/x

My 2014 Model S doesn’t have s the Homelink module and Tesla won’t sell me one.

Your door controller may not be compatible ... what brand is it?

By ‘icon’ I presume you mean bnd icon? Bnd is not compatable with homelink. Easy to fix with a merlin external reciever and remote.