Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink not working and location not correct after latest .3 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I park in an underground garage.

In the past, the Tesla app always knew the correct location of the car when it was parked. Homelink worked going in and automatically opened the gate, and going out of the garage as well.

From what I understand from some 3rd party apps, Tesla made changes in the way location is handled.

Now, in the Tesla app main page the "Location" does not show the correct car location when it is parked in the underground lot. It shows a nearby address. When I drill into location on the app it does show the correct address on top however.

Also and more frustrating, Homelink automatically opens the garage gate fine when going in, but does not at all leaving the garage. It is like it does not know where it is so it doesn't open automatically.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It is very annoying as I now have to manually activate homelink when leaving. It has nothing to do with Homelink settings as it works perfect coming in when it has a clear location, but now it will not work leaving the garage and it used to without issue.

Everything was fine before the last update. I think they changed something regarding how location is pulled that messed this up.

Thanks for any insight.. its very annoying... never an issue before .30