Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink and 2023 Holiday Software Bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day we installed the Holiday software update, HomeLink stopped automatically closing our garage door when leaving the house. It still automatically opens the door when we arrive home. I checked the Homelink setting in the car and they have not changed. Is anyone Elise having this issue? 2023 Model Y Long Range

The day we installed the Holiday software update, HomeLink stopped automatically closing our garage door when leaving the house. It still automatically opens the door when we arrive home. I checked the Homelink setting in the car and they have not changed. Is anyone Elise having this issue? 2023 Model Y Long Range
My MYP 2023 is on 2023.44.30.6 and has homelink and I've not noticed any issue at all so far post update. Works just as expected on exit and entry for my garage.

Reactions: Hellpops
DI also had my Homelink suddenly stop working right around the time of the upgrade but I wasn't sure they were related. I have a MX 2022. I tried to reinstall it and can't get it to work at all now. Bummer. Anyone have ideas on this? Thanks. HNY

YES... Same issue... I have no issue going IN to my garage underground but leaving now does not auto opoen.. I have to do it manually.

Happened after the .30 update

I heard they changed how location is handled and I think the homelink doesnt know the car is where it needs to be

This needs to be fixed.

I disabled the auto open/close of my Homelink, after following my son into our gated yard, with the gate open.

The auto switch attempted to close the gate just prior to my driving through it. I caught it just in time.

The auto function makes me uncomfortable backing into my garage, as I'm concerned it could "auto" close on me while I'm backing, and the safety sensor beam, at wheel level, won't stop it in time.

Does this make sense?

I noticed the same once I installed 2023.44.30.7. Auto-opening and closing used to be rock solid now it works 10% of the time. I hope this gets fixed

I logged a service appointment to report this issue. Not expecting them to come out at all but hopefully the more people report this the more attention it might get.

Last edited:
Same issue and scenario of not closing when leaving, but opening upon return with my Mdl S.

Um. I noticed some funny business when upgrading 20 2023.44.30.5.1: More or less, the car lost my Home location.

Let me explain. The actual garage and driveway is in the back of the house, not the front. For the longest time when we got our Teslas, when navigating to the house, it would stop driving on the street, not the rear. A year and a bit ago I got busy and moved the "Home" location to the rear, where the garage was. On FSD-b, this means that the car would navigate back there, not up front.

When 2023.44.30.5.1 dropped, the Home location moved back to the front of the house. So, had to drive around the back. The Homelink worked through this, though.

When 2023.44.30.7 dropped, the Home location moved back to the rear of the house, without me doing anything.

Reason I mention all this: It's some kind of memorized location in the Nav that kicks off the Homelink. A couple of different point releases seem to have been moving the Home location around, without human intervention. Maybe that's what's got to the Homelink?

Adding a new Homelink connection is not working. For the normal remote type, it skips the second step (learning). Seems to be a software bug.
Odd. Just added two garage door openers to the 2023 M3 I ended up with in September with no issues; it was, pretty much, just like doing it to the 2018 M3 we had before that, and the 2021 MY we also have.

I think there's a limit of three garage doors at a time. How many you got?

auto close/open with homelink is asking for trouble. i washed the car on the driveway then pulled forward a bit then started backing into the garage. when i pulled forward it thought i was leaving and started closing the door. i was only looking at the side mirror and luckily caught a glimpse of the door at the last second and stopped inches from hitting the door. it would have been a bad day with damage to both car and garage door.

auto open is an issue when garage door is already open upon arrival. like when another car is already in the garage with hatch open while unloading groceries or something it will start closing the garage door while the hatch is still open. i've turned off both auto open/close. its easy enough to touch the button when arriving/leaving.

Reactions: Pianewman
auto close/open with homelink is asking for trouble. i washed the car on the driveway then pulled forward a bit then started backing into the garage. when i pulled forward it thought i was leaving and started closing the door. i was only looking at the side mirror and luckily caught a glimpse of the door at the last second and stopped inches from hitting the door. it would have been a bad day with damage to both car and garage door.

auto open is an issue when garage door is already open upon arrival. like when another car is already in the garage with hatch open while unloading groceries or something it will start closing the garage door while the hatch is still open. i've turned off both auto open/close. its easy enough to touch the button when arriving/leaving.
I totally agree. I was following my wife through our gate, and it pinged and started to close. Caught it just in time!