Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland suspension on 2019 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@enemji I'm also really interested in swapping my 2021's SR+ shocks for the "highland" ones.
Do they fit properly and provide improved ride quality without negatively impacting handling?
Keep in mind that you have a lighter front end than an AWD Highland does, so the front spring rates and damper valving may not be appropriate for you. With our own coilover kits, we run softer front springs on the RWD cars versus the AWD cars to compensate for this.

Keep in mind that you have a lighter front end than an AWD Highland does, so the front spring rates and damper valving may not be appropriate for you. With our own coilover kits, we run softer front springs on the RWD cars versus the AWD cars to compensate for this.
Am I missing something? Why couldn’t he run the springs and shocks from the rwd highlamd which should be pretty close in weight?

Made an account to post/follow this thread

I can’t stand the 2022 Model 3 suspension either so I ordered the Highland damper assemblies for front and rear.

I’ve installed the rear damper assemblies and confirm they fit my 2022 model 3 LR.

Will update when I install the front assemblies today or tomorrow.
Good stuff. Please provide your take on driving dynamics/comfort changes, if any.

Reactions: enemji

I can’t stand the 2022 Model 3 suspension either so I ordered the Highland damper assemblies for front and rear.

I’ve installed the rear damper assemblies and confirm they fit my 2022 model 3 LR.

Looking forward to your report!

Also following. Please don't hype it up if it's not all that great of an improvement. Too many people lying these days lol.

Reactions: enemji and RBowen

+1 to all of the above.
I would appreciate feedback on driving comfort changes and how handling is affected by this.

I wonder what would be the Tesla Service guys' reaction if I asked them to fit the new dampers to my car 😅

Reactions: Tethlaaaa
Sorry guys, I accidentally ordered two left hand front damper assemblies so gonna be another week or so to get one replaced with a right hand assembly to install the front ones.

Promise to update them when I do it, but I’m 99% sure they’re gonna fit, they look identical.

I want to also thank you for doing this. Thanks for your time, effort and for sharing your experience.

I have an original 2018 LR Model 3, would enjoy being able to upgrade the suspension with Tesla highland parts. To me this is a fix to a defect in ride quality. The highland suspension is so much better, the way it should have been from day 1, but hey, back in 2018, the model 3 was the only game in town.

It seems that the new Highland performance dampings are more complex than the Highland SR/LR ones … hope that would be also retrofitable even without the software adjustments side…

Attachments

• Introducing the New Model 3 Performance  Tesla France.jpeg
    Introducing the New Model 3 Performance Tesla France.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: FatM3 and enemji