Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland suspension on 2019 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Absolutely mind numbing. The road manners are on par with true luxury sport cars.

Thread 'MICHELIN Primacy™ Tour A/S tires'
MICHELIN Primacy™ Tour A/S tires
That's awesome. I wish I knew who to trust haha. Maybe it's personal preference? But this seems like something that is either fact or fiction. When I get new tires in a couple years, I might see how the new Hankook iON Evo AS tires are doing for people.

Reactions: enemji
That's awesome. I wish I knew who to trust haha. Maybe it's personal preference? But this seems like something that is either fact or fiction. When I get new tires in a couple years, I might see how the new Hankook iON Evo AS tires are doing for people.
I have had the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S tires on my Lexus IS as OE well as Mercedes ML and that is what made me look into them. I am definitely thrilled.

FYI - I have two 2022 M3LR and I have had the opportunity to test side by side Michelin MXM4, Hankook Kinergy GT, Hankook Ion EVO AS and Primacy Tour AS.

That is something that even TireRack cannot do.

Last edited:
I have had the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S tires on my Lexus IS as OE well as Mercedes ML and that is what made me look into them. I am definitely thrilled.

FYI - I have two 2022 M3LR and I have had the opportunity to test side by side Michelin MXM4, Hankook Kinergy GT, Hankook Ion EVO AS and Primacy Tour AS.

It would be interesting to know how much of a range hit you'll take on the Primacy Tour AS compared to the other LRR tires.

I need to replace my T1 spec MXM4s sometime in the next few months. After two sets of them, I'm definitely looking for other options.

Nice! How did you like the Hankook iON Evo AS?

Nice! How did you like the Hankook iON Evo AS?
The Hankook Ion Evo AS were definitely better than the MXM4. They are also better than the Kinergy GT as far as handling is concerned. Regarding road manners/road noise, the Kinergy GT has a low frequency bass sound and fills the bottom of the car whereas the Ion EVO has a midrange sound and more noticeable to the ear, especially on rough concrete roads. The MXM4 are the worst of all the 4 tires I have compared.

Reactions: Tethlaaaa
The Hankook Ion Evo AS were definitely better than the MXM4. They are also better than the Kinergy GT as far as handling is concerned. Regarding road manners/road noise, the Kinergy GT has a low frequency bass sound and fills the bottom of the car whereas the Ion EVO has a midrange sound and more noticeable to the ear, especially on rough concrete roads. The MXM4 are the worst of all the 4 tires I have compared.
Thanks for the feedback, this is great info!

It would be interesting to know how much of a range hit you'll take on the Primacy Tour AS compared to the other LRR tires.
I am tracking it and want to make sure I have plenty of miles so that I have a good average to report. So far they appear to be not bad at all. But then I also have the 60 day Michelin Promise plan. I can always get a refund if they are awful.

I need to replace my T1 spec MXM4s sometime in the next few months. After two sets of them, I'm definitely looking for other options.
@Tethlaaaa @wws

Here is an early report. Looks promising.

Trip A: Hankook Kinergy GT + Michelin Primacy Tour A/S(121miles)
Trip B: Michelin Primacy Tour A/S
IMG_8777.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Tethlaaaa and wws

I had the Primacy Tour AS as my last set of tires (on a 2019 RWD LR M3). For the most part, they were really good tires. I wouldn't say the road noise was substantially better than the factory tires, but my car is an earlier build and is just louder anyway. I recall the handling being a bit less sporty, but they were WAY better in the rain than the MXM4s. Efficiency was very similar to stock for me.

I recently replaced the Primacy Tours with Pirelli P Zero A/S Elect. I actually think these are a bit quieter than the Primacy tires. Again, I think efficiency is about the same, but I haven't really used them in the warmer months much yet. I think the Pirelli's are a good balance of noise, efficiency, and handling.

• Informative
Reactions: wws
I had the Primacy Tour AS as my last set of tires (on a 2019 RWD LR M3). For the most part, they were really good tires. I wouldn't say the road noise was substantially better than the factory tires, but my car is an earlier build and is just louder anyway. I recall the handling being a bit less sporty, but they were WAY better in the rain than the MXM4s. Efficiency was very similar to stock for me.
the MXM4 db level in my car was 75+
The Primacy Touring A/S is below 70-
That is twice as much quieter.

Maybe it is because I am using the Lexus version of the Primacy Touring A/S?

Last edited:
Reactions: Perscitus
This is crazy...someone has already done an efficiency comparison on the Model 3!!!!...
Not exactly. If you read into the details, all that is discussed is the mileage rating of the two tires through the lens of spec and mileage racked up by users before wearing out the tires.
For efficiency we need the manufacturer spec or better yet, an indepenent comparison of rolling resistance.. and some long-term efficiency readings from 3s/Ys running these with matching software, wheels, load, road and ambient conditions.

Not exactly. If you read into the details, all that is discussed is the mileage rating of the two tires through the lens of spec and mileage racked up by users before wearing out the tires.
For efficiency we need the manufacturer spec or better yet, an indepenent comparison of rolling resistance.. and some long-term efficiency readings from 3s/Ys running these with matching software, wheels, load, road and ambient conditions.
Which is why I am doing it myself and see if it makes any difference to me, on my car, on my roads.