Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with exterior color....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model X design studio has a color called Midnight Silver Metallic, but it looks nothing like silver - it is very dark. Yet when I google Model S cars with supposedly this same color, they look quite a bit more silver. What gives?

The Model X design studio has a color called Midnight Silver Metallic, but it looks nothing like silver - it is very dark. Yet when I google Model S cars with supposedly this same color, they look quite a bit more silver. What gives?
Midnight Silver is the color formerly known as Steel Grey or New Grey. The Design Studio does render it much darker than it appears in reality.

My vote is sig red, white interior: Blackcurrant & Cream Popsicle

strawberries-cream-popsicles-1.jpg

Get the config no one else can get.

I have a pearl white MS and I really like it. While driving, it's hard to tell the difference between flat and pearl white. I pass lots of white MSs on the road, and rarely can I tell in passing if they're my color or not; only when parked.

I'll stick with white because I live on a very dusty California gravel road. It hides the dirt best and looks nice and contrast-y against the black nosecone and roof. My wife may have other ideas, and it's her car, so we'll see if that's how it works out.