Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Playing Music Via Hard Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need some help playing music on my Tesla via a easystore 2 TB hard drive. I have a lot of music and I wanted to also have a big space to save my sentry mode videos. I created a FAT32 partition and called it TESLADRIVE (30GB) I created another FAT32 partition (remaining space) and called it MUSIC and created another FAT32 partition (100MB) and called it LIGHTSHOW. I am able to see that the hard drive is plugged into my TESLA because it says that it recognized the hard drive, but it says that there isn't any music on it even though I have several albums on it. Ranging file types. MP3, M4A as well. I'm not sure what else I could be missing. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• Tesla 1.PNG
    Tesla 1.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Tesla 2.PNG
    Tesla 2.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 10
I wasn’t aware that you could have more than two drives active at the same time — try eliminating the lightshow partition and if that works. Note that the dashcam partition must have a folder named TeslaCam on it, and you don’t need to use FAT32, you can use exFAT (but FAT32 still works).