Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me build a serious charging network from Los Angeles to Phoenix!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging for US-395

Having lived in that area for many years, I would recommend Lone Pine and Bishop as towns to install chargers. Mammoth Lakes is a popular ski resort and recreation town and chargers in Lone Pine/Bishop would make that an enjoyable trip from Southern Cal.
The May 30 Tesla Supercharger announcement includes a map that seems to show a planned Supercharger location in the Lone Pine area, and one further south, at the junction of US-395 and Highway 14.

The May 30 Tesla Supercharger announcement includes a map that seems to show a planned Supercharger location in the Lone Pine area, and one further south, at the junction of US-395 and Highway 14.

I hope they put the Bishop SC in the city park. Lots of power there, parking is great and you can walk to just about everything from there. They should talk to the chamber of commerce, they would get a lot of cooperation

This map overlay seems to hint that the SC would be at the junction you mentioned, either Independence or Lone Pine and Bishop.

395.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, this thread has an even better map

Last edited:
I am planning to cruise to Scottsdale first week in November, and last time through we used the charger at Chiriaco Summit, THANK YOU!!

My question is whether anyone has used this charger in the last little bit, is it up and healthy, etc. Just checking. If not, I guess we'll be doing the 14/50 at Blythe RV park.

Thanks, Tesla family!

I am planning to cruise to Scottsdale first week in November, and last time through we used the charger at Chiriaco Summit, THANK YOU!!

My question is whether anyone has used this charger in the last little bit, is it up and healthy, etc. Just checking. If not, I guess we'll be doing the 14/50 at Blythe RV park.

Thanks, Tesla family!

We head down to Tucson later this week for the month of November. Last year we stayed in a KOA Kabin in Kingman, AZ and got a full charge. Unfortunately my wife has now classified the Kabin as a form of camping and she doesn't do camping. So we'll be taking the MB. When we return to Tucson at the end December I'm driving the Tesla. I'm hoping Yuma will be open by then. Otherwise I guess she'll be hitchhiking.:smile:

I've been told the charger is currently working, but charging is limited to 60 amps due to the old fuse style. We've been in touch with both Chiriaco Summit and Tesla and the unit should have the upgraded fuses within a few weeks to provide glorious full charging!

Just a heads up to anyone traveling through here, the fuses have been updated and the charger is good to go at the full 80 amps! Hope this comes in handy for some people!

Leaving in a half hour. Good news! I use Chiriaco every trip. Great option since we don't have Superchargers yet, though they are coming! I will be checking for construction in Indio and Quartzsite and will send pictures if I find anything.