Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello new member here in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cracked wheels should be covered under the car's warranty. I was speaking about the tires themselves. hopefully the cost of tires will start coming down someday.

I don't know whether Tesla would consider the wheels to be a warranty item, but Luke at the service center said it was a good investment to get the road hazard warranty because of the cracked 21" wheel issue, so I doubt he would say that if Tesla would have covered it anyway. I know he made the claim through the road hazard warranty program for me. And Spleen, I know the 21's are not the smarter choice as far as curbing, reliability, and faster tire and costlier tire replacements, but damn they look good!! LOL

I don't know whether Tesla would consider the wheels to be a warranty item, but Luke at the service center said it was a good investment to get the road hazard warranty because of the cracked 21" wheel issue, so I doubt he would say that if Tesla would have covered it anyway. I know he made the claim through the road hazard warranty program for me. And Spleen, I know the 21's are not the smarter choice as far as curbing, reliability, and faster tire and costlier tire replacements, but damn they look good!! LOL

a little bit of overlap makes sense, they could probably be covered under either scenario. it is easier to say road hazard rather than defect. you just have to stop driving on those back roads.
like when my windshield was replaced they replaced my rear view mirror under warranty because it had a scratch.

Hey, didn't know your parents reserved an X too!

I was wondering when somebody would notice, lol

Ok, you got me there. ;)

Ummmm, this thread over here is the one for chit-chat folks -----> Hawaii-Tesla-Owners

Don't make me move it all, I've got the flu and I'm feeling grumpy!
mondays.gif

Hi Ross, I'm also in the area at the bottom of the hill. Silver MS. When you get your car, you can consider me an emergency stop if you don't have enough juice to make it up the hill!

Welcome,

I'm down towards the bottom too - the last downhill stretch before Ainakoa. You've probably seen my black Leaf plugged in in front of myhouse - plate # EV 2244. I told (asked?) my wife that when we eventually get a Tesla, I get the garage :wink:. I just saw a new blue MS going up the hill the other day - EV 3000. Does anybody know who that one belongs to?

Welcome,

I'm down towards the bottom too - the last downhill stretch before Ainakoa. You've probably seen my black Leaf plugged in in front of myhouse - plate # EV 2244. I told (asked?) my wife that when we eventually get a Tesla, I get the garage :wink:. I just saw a new blue MS going up the hill the other day - EV 3000. Does anybody know who that one belongs to?

I've seen that blue Tesla in Mililani several times. Actually thought they lived near there.