Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated steering wheel. Am I going to get my hands on one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
enhanced-buzz-16699-1379984679-15.jpg

Driving gloves FTW. :)

I have to say I'm a little conflicted as well as I missed out on Autopilot functionality on my new P85 by a few days (hence now traded in for my P85D) - but perhaps I'm actually going to get the heated steering wheel by a few days. Right place, right time. But I swirled a bit about missing or gaining features on both sides. In the end, I got the car that I ordered and have loved being fortunate to drive and own these cars. Would I be more thankful for better communication, choice, and transparency? Sure. But I also know that as soon as I drive this fantastic, brilliant car off the showroom - it's going to be crazy insane - and there will be one right after mine that has something slightly different for the same/more/less price than I paid. I expect that after a few more forum posts about this steering wheel (or fill in the blank) Tesla is going to simply stop innovating. <grin> And nobody is getting the heated steering wheel! :) (taking my ball home...)

All I know is that I'm going to be doing 0-60 launches all day long and rolling on the floor laughing as soon as my P85D gets delivered in a few weeks. OMG - it's crazy insane.

In the end, I got the car that I ordered and have loved being fortunate to drive and own these cars.

Well said. I had a heated wheel in a previous vehicle and told myself I wasn't going to buy again without. Seeing this thread was a great Christmas present; order confirmed yesterday with Feb 2015 delivery.

Next on my list was LED headlights, and while it's likely this will come to the Model S any day now I'll have to deal with it and remind myself how fortunate I am to own such an amazing vehicle.

I've never had a heated steering wheel so don't have an idea if I would like it or not. I do live in a climate where it gets cold in the winter so I can think it might be useful. However, I've had several cars with heated seats and I'm not sure I like them. They are comfortable for a few minutes but then my butt starts sweating and I turn them off.

I'm struggling to imagine what it would be like living in a place where a heated steering wheel is needed.

It would be helpful in Texas. Usually it's your hands that get cold first. (I don't bother with gloves as they typically have a one or two day lifespan before getting left somewhere.)

I've had it before on a couple of other cars, it's definitely more useful than heated seats because your bum/body is usually wearing something to keep warm.

However I never wore gloves, even when the climate in Canberra (Australia) was below freezing. It kept your fingers nice and warm

My P85D with SubZero Package went into production today.

I'm hoping that it has the heated wheel, I loved using it when I used to live in below freezing temps, but even in SoCal, its nice for keeping your hands toasty.