Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has the touchscreen glass improved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I mentioned on a prior post I had the 25k service and at that time the service center ended up taking out my old touchscreen and giving me a new one (had a minor problem where I would have occasional frozen screen with "contact tesla service")

On my prior screen I had a protective film placed (ocean abstract) with anti fingerprint properties (which after time started showing fingerprints but still not as bad as without film)

I've had the current touchscreen now for about 2 wks. Haven't put a protective film on it and have noticed that fingerprints are essentially gone (really have to make an effort to try and leave one now for testing) Wonder if it is due to an improvement by tesla but that was the one thing that drove me nuts on the prior one having fingerprints literally everywhere. .

Just curious if newer model owners also having no issues with fingerprints on screen surface

On my 2014 I have to look carefully to see the fingerprints. They stand out in cleaning mode, but I don't use the screen in that mode. Perhaps it's down to individual skin condition?

I definitely think skin type has an effect for sure (oily I would suspect be the worst), but since I was pretty much the only user both before and after the swap I served as my own control. The only thing might be temperature I guess since it is clearly winter now (but I still can't remember having such a clean screen last winter).