Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone installed an aftermarket ROUND WHEEL to replace the on a Model S refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that you in the video? This is great! Where would a non handy person get this installed?
Any local shop could do it. (in fact, most owners can remove/swap a tesla steering wheel). Its most likely two small Torx bolts on either side of the steering column that loosen the airbag. Then you unplug the airbag from the center of the steering wheel once you pull back the airbag. Then a large nut in the center of the steering wheel that holds it onto the steering column. Thats it.

Ahem: what about the stalk controls? Are they a part of the wheel?

Yes, that looks like an hour's work one evening!
I want the wheel and stalks. Seems like a god business for someone in that space to set up. There’s dozens in my area alone telling me how great , I mean how used they are to the yoke. Do you like the yoke? Yes , I’m used to it now.

Getting used to something different just means you adapted - it does not mean necessarily a bad thing. Yes, the yoke is great. Yes, I have adapted and have gotten used to the different.
It’s all personal preference. I guess I would like to be excited about a better user experience when buying a $100k car, not getting used to it.

Reactions: calm-one and Wol747
I never heard someone excited to say they got used to their first Tesla even though that rings true coming from a gas car. Usually it’s how great it is. The speed, no gas stations etc. I get used to things I’m not really happy with.