Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook ION EVO AS SUV - Model Y Tire Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Infant mortality is a thing.

If balancing and taking off the hubcaps doesn't work you have to look further afield.

Wheels were balanced when tyres fitted. Wobble at speed. Wheels rebalanced. More wobble.

If you are not repeatedly losing weights, loose foam is standing alone in the field.

Reactions: Pianewman
Replaced my 20 inch Michelin PILOT SPORT EV Summer tires (stock) this month because they were cupped after 67K km (~42 K miles). Wheels need to be aligned; the non-Tesla tire-center found a substantial deviation, mostly at the rear wheels.

Replaced by 20 inch Hankook iON evo SUV IK01A Summer tires. Hesitated a lot, but the idea Tesla put Hankooks on their Highland M3 convinced me to try it. Btw, the offer of Tesla to replace the tires was twice as much as the replacement and alignment by a tire-center and ordering the tires by myself via internet (€ 2200 versus € 1050).

After almost 1000 km no regrets. Tires are very quiet. According to manufacturer 3 dB less than Michelins. Maybe because the previous tires were cupped, but we experience a much more quiet and very relaxed car now.

Metrics below are from TeslaFi, measuring the efficiency of the tires. Don't exactly know how the efficiency is calculated, but it seems there is no difference in the performance of the tires.

View attachment 1032040

Stability feels the same.
I’m close to replacing my 255/20/40 Michelin Pilot Sport tyres and I’m considering the Hankooks too. Does the wheel stick out more than the tyre with the IONs?

How do you tell if Michelin Pilot Sport EV are summer or 4 season? I can't make out what I am into on my new arrival. They are defo PSEV but beyond that no idea.

I have run a literal shed load of Hankooks over the years. They call them 4 season and they are ok but not much chop on skifield mud so I use actual A/T Hankooks over winter. RF11. Bloody good tyre! If it wasn't for the fuel economy hit I would use them all year.

Finances are stretched thin right now so hanging on the OE 20's a little while could be handy but we are into literal frosty weather already and I start 6.30am.

How do you tell if Michelin Pilot Sport EV are summer or 4 season? I can't make out what I am into on my new arrival. They are defo PSEV but beyond that no idea.

I have run a literal shed load of Hankooks over the years. They call them 4 season and they are ok but not much chop on skifield mud so I use actual A/T Hankooks over winter. RF11. Bloody good tyre! If it wasn't for the fuel economy hit I would use them all year.

Finances are stretched thin right now so hanging on the OE 20's a little while could be handy but we are into literal frosty weather already and I start 6.30am.
The PSEV is a 100% summer tire, just like the Pilot Sport 4S. Not ideal for frosty weather at all.

• Helpful
Reactions: QtownTaxiGreg
No.
Pilot sport 4s is a max performance summer tire. Aka PS4S
Pilot sport 4 all season is the best all season tires available for sporty driving. Aka PS4AS.
Just to nitpick ;-)

PS4S
PSAS4
And there is even a PS4/PS5 without the "S" at the end - a more mild version of the PS4S and Pilot Sport S5 (Michelin changed the nomenclature on the 5 again)

• Funny
Reactions: Sweed269