Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook Ion Evo Summer Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

enemji

Dec 12, 2021
USA
Couple of days ago, my order for the Hankook Ion EVO arrived at my local discount tire. My scheduled appointment was for Wednesday May 1st, but Vincent the local store manager called me on Monday Apr 29 to come over and get it installed. As part of this install, I was also switching over to the Drag DR-83 18x8.5" ET30 rims. In doing these two changes, I was looking for these two benefits:

1. Smooth, and comfortable ride
2. Better wheel stance, that flows with the rest of the body flow lines like the performance model

After driving it around for 3 days, I am left wondering if the Hankook Tire guys were reading my mind or my posts here on TMC, especially this one where I attempt to address the noise impact
1714655446395.png

I make this comment because that is exactly what the Hankook Ion Evo Summer tires are delivering. Over concrete roads the measured db is 70-71, and on tarmac roads it is 69-70db. But more importantly, you don't notice it at all. There is no annoying rumbling, grating, screeching, whistling, squeaking noise over any of the surfaces. In other words, it is just just a smooth road noise and no annoying imperfections. Even the construction joints are so muffled that it goes unnoticed,

Regarding efficiency, the first reading are very promising but I want to drive more and provide a better average value rather than a very specific stretch of road value.

More to come....

IMG_9925.jpeg

With factory 18” wheels
IMG_9924.jpeg

With the Drag DR-83 +30 wheels
IMG_9923.jpeg

IMG_9920.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick Update: The tires have about 300 miles on them and they continue the comfortable yet precision driving experience. The road noise continues to be the same no fuss no irritation no annoyance smooth buzz like white noise on all road surfaces. The range of the road noise is mid-bass and lower, and that HELPS a ton as the noise is not interfering the human attention zone of midrange and higher frequencies. Not only that, it also keeps the music sounding as good as when you are standing still. Other tires I had literally killed the music for their road noise attenuation technology was cancelling out the bass and mid-bass sections of the music.