Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in DC so given that people in NJ and PA appear to be getting theres I should probably get one shortly. I was around 20th in line in Bethesda, Md, waited about 2-3 hours. I wonder if we might be able to correlate the receipt of these gifts with our real places on line. Might be useful. Perhaps a survey?

Thoughts?
I reserved at Tysons around noon, I got mine already. I don't think they're sending them in out in any particular order.

I'm in DC so given that people in NJ and PA appear to be getting theres I should probably get one shortly. I was around 20th in line in Bethesda, Md, waited about 2-3 hours. I wonder if we might be able to correlate the receipt of these gifts with our real places on line. Might be useful. Perhaps a survey?

Thoughts?
OK..... say you're #1000 and I'm #2000. But I configure my M3 differently than you do. If Tesla's build line at that time is making my particular options (let's say all reds and keurig in glovebox) but not yours - guess who gets their car first? (Other factors also such as location, etc).
Point is - efforts to know order seq # will not provide answers most people are hoping for.

He did say a "Token" NOT an windfall!! What are you guys expecting??

A golden ticket would be nice ... I hope this silences all of the complainers on this thread :cool:

Tesla is flying 12 lucky Model 3 reservation holders to the Gigafactory Grand Opening all-expenses paid

Hello,
Congratulations! Through random selection, Tesla has chosen twelve Golden Ticket winners from all those that placed Model 3 Reservations on the opening date to receive an all-expenses paid trip to our Gigafactory Grand Opening event on July 29th, 2016 in Reno, Nevada. We are excited to share that your name was chosen in this drawing and that we’d like to invite you and a guest to join us at the event.
Round trip economy class airfare, transportation, and accommodations will be provided. Tickets are non-transferrable. For additional details and to redeem your package, please contact [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you and your guest at the event!

Best regards, The Tesla Team

Last edited:
Reactions: SΞXY P100D
They just keep asking for more!!!!! Can't take it!!!! There's nothing left..... wait!! Maybe I can give away Superchargers. Or... or designate personal Supercharger stalls. One at each Supercharger site - always available - but just to the lucky winner. The lucky, line standing, post whining, conspiracy theory... I want my blankie!!!! My blue blankie!!!

E.M.'s nightmare

They just keep asking for more!!!!! Can't take it!!!! There's nothing left..... wait!! Maybe I can give away Superchargers. Or... or designate personal Supercharger stalls. One at each Supercharger site - always available - but just to the lucky winner. The lucky, line standing, post whining, conspiracy theory... I want my blankie!!!! My blue blankie!!!

E.M.'s nightmare
Veruca_Salt.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Railhawk52
I believe the 12 Golden Tickets, along with the artwork, gets him a pass insofar as the line-waiters go (of whom I was one).

Would rather see Tesla save the shipping 115,000 times over for anything else. Not that I'd turn down the fan favorite of a configurable option at
Design Studio time - no shipping required for that either :).

This doesn't mean there shouldn't be something sent to all reservation holders midway between events just as a marketing/excitement mechanism. Plenty of time for that, though. If you think about it, there isn't all that much of a need to even open up the Design Studio to the masses until after they start shipping the first 10,000 or however many cars there will be for employees and their family members.

Guys. Guys. Elon said a scale Model 3 "among other things" would be the token of appreciation. Do you think we didn't get a scale model because they're planning on altering the front end?
The design is still not even finished yet (within the next few weeks), and besides, they won't send out a scale Model 3 until they unveil the final interior. The scale Model S is extremely realistic inside and out.

522A7573_1024x1024.jpg