Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Rim Protectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please allow my confirmation of 3 set of black of the Kabis. I have a white P85 in US, take taking two deliveries of black 85s in Hong Kong. Therefore, total of 3. I speak Chin-glish (Chinese-English). I can try to talk to them if no Chinese speaker here.

- - - Updated - - -

Their webpage said they accept credit card.

Their webpage said they accept credit card.

Has to be a china bank credit card (if your taobao account is in that state where it wants you to verify identity). But, the bigger issue is shipping. The TOURNAX site were charging shipping @RMB150 per set (for a RMB136 product). We should be able to get a bulk rate in GZ, and capt666 has offered to help.

It seems that the KABIS ones look a little better (Korean made), so I would suggest we go for those, and there is not much difference in price.

We have (I'll update this list as further revisions come in below):

waidy: 3 sets, black
Alipapa: 1 set, colour not decided
EVC: 1 set, red
lx3h: 1 set, black
markwj: 3 sets black, 1 set red
AppleFan: 1 set, black

I am still thinking how a small plastic strip can withstand the forces of a 2500 kg car against a stone hard curb - has anyone tried, or read about, how "rim protectors saved my wheels" ?

Considering the price and easy DIY installation, it's worth trying it, a very small insurance sum - albeit the cover is still doubtful I think. That is, until I hear or experience that they actually work. If they do work, I imagine they sacrifice themselves to save the rim. Considering that people here report curb rash on first week or even day of driving, I think one set won't last long.

Verdict: I am in for 3 sets of black, and whatever the price including my share of the shipping, I shall be happy to transfer that to a HK account up front as soon as I know said amount.

Thank you for organising this.

This was my post of the day, back to "work" now

So, I just talked to the shops, One quoted me 110RMB(139HKD) and the other quoted 130RMB (165HKD) if we purchase 15 or more, The more expensive shop assured me their's are from Korea, whilst the cheaper shop just said "Don't worry".:wink:

I say we should go for the more expensive one as it isnt too much more.

What do you guys think?

So Far:
Black:
waidy: 3 sets, black
lx3h: 1 set, black
AppleFan: 1 set, black
markwj: 3 sets black
DITB: 3 sets black
sonywong: 1 set black
rotorbow: 2 sets black

Red:
EVC: 1 set, red
markwj: 1 set red

Undecided:
Alipapa: 1 set, colour not decided

Last edited:
I can sort it out, no problem...

When we reach the deadline, then I can have a list and order them.

Thanks. Most appreciated.

So, I just talked to the shops, One quoted me 110RMB(139HKD) and the other quoted 130RMB (165HKD) if we purchase 15 or more, The more expensive shop assured me their's are from Korea, whilst the cheaper shop just said "Don't worry".:wink:

I say we should go for the more expensive one as it isnt too much more.

I am happy with whoever you are happy with. The difference is small, but I have more confidence in the Korean protectors than some China knock-off. (by comparison, Amazon sells the Kabis ones at US$44.99 prime).

Current list for the rim protectors (as of 01:18 PM, 21st Aug including Rotorbow last):

Black:
waidy: 3
lx3h: 1
markwj: 3
AppleFan: 1
ditb: 3
sonnywong: 1
Rotorbow: 2

Red:
EVC: 1
markwj: 1

Total so far is 15 sets.

Last edited:
Current list for the rim protectors (as of 08:46 AM, 22nd Aug including alexcsy123 maths):

Black:
waidy: 3
lx3h: 1
markwj: 3
AppleFan: 1
ditb: 3
sonnywong: 1
Rotorbow: 2
sansei: 1
alexcsy123: 2

Red:
EVC: 1