Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interested in a group buy?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just gauging interest for now. Saw all these recent threads about a dash cam group buy, so I thought there were also other essentials we could get at a discount.

My other car is a Pacifica Hybrid, so using a Tesla charger exclusively didn't make sense. Despite the local incentives and rebates, I also didn't want to deal with a hardwired charging station. Instead I just installed a 240V 50A 14-50 outlet.

This way I can use my UMC and my other charger from Jekayla. It's offered on Amazon, and they also have their own website. I took a hard look at Clipper Creek, but Jekayla's reviews were good and it was a better value.

I opted for the 40A charger since it was their highest available in amperage. I haven't tried, but hopefully I won't see much loss in charging speed compared to my UMC.

5_63c51157-ca8a-48dd-a437-5b4515d271de_compact.jpg

SAE J1772 240V 40A Portable Smart EV Charger with NEMA 14-50 Plug

So now at home I can just keep the Jekayla charger up and running with the Tesla J1772 adapter while leaving the UMC in the Tesla in case of emergency.

They have a Black Friday offer with a 20% coupon if you sign up/subscribe. But if you want a group buy done, just let me know and I'll see if I can get a deal for the rest of you.

The J1772 adapter is $95 from the Tesla store. Are you planning to get another one, so you don't forget & leave it at home? Too bad we can't get a group buy for those too :). Then again, for the $100 for the adapter plus the $440 for the charger, you're at basically the same price as a HPWC. I've heard there are adapters from HPWC to J1772..