Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good service experience at Tesla Rancho Mirage, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My '22 Model 3 Performance had one small intermittent buzz/rattle that worsened over time, plus small rattles in each B-pillar that started recently. Annoying, though hardly critical.
Scheduled a SVC appointment through the app - initially it was to have been a Mobile Service call, but they switched it to "bring it over to us for evaluation". Okay, not as convenient, but NBD.
I arrived at the Rancho Mirage, CA Tesla location about 10 minutes after my appointment time, but they had a tech out to go on a quick drive with me within a couple of minutes. Tech confirmed that the buzzes/rattles were there and assured me he could rectify them. The initial estimate for the repair cost was a coupla hundred dollars, but a combination of sweet-talking and cajoling (over text, in the app) resulted in Tesla covering the cost of the repairs, even though the car is approaching 24 months since delivery. They gave me a loaner for the 1 day the car was in service, and said they "don't do Uber any more".
Everyone was very nice and professional, and the car is back to feeling tight as a drum. Bravo, Tesla!

Oh, and I took a Highland LR/Dual-Motor for a quick spin while I was over there - very nice indeed and a significant upgrade in many ways. Can't wait to see what the Highland Model 3 Performance brings to the table....

Did they explain what was rattling? My 2023 M3P developed an intermittent rattle/creak near the driver b pillar/headliner shortly after delivery. I can even trigger the creak with moderate acceleration/deceleration sometimes. Been meaning to schedule service but I’ve gotten somewhat used to it over the past year.

Did they explain what was rattling? My 2023 M3P developed an intermittent rattle/creak near the driver b pillar/headliner shortly after delivery. I can even trigger the creak with moderate acceleration/deceleration sometimes. Been meaning to schedule service but I’ve gotten somewhat used to it over the past year.
No, but the tech did say it was a common problem and he seemed to know how to address it.