Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good deal? '08 Roadster with 2300 miles - 59k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I've been looking for a roadster for the past few months. An acquaintance is selling his '08 Roadster with 2300 miles for 59k. However there was some fault with the motor and so a brand new motor was installed by Tesla. The car looks immaculate. Is this a fair asking price? Hardtop and soft top included in sale. 2 owners.

Thanks in advance!

Check the battery health (CAC) and tires. See if the fan upgrade has been done.

Based on my last 2 months of searching, I think it is a little high (I found 3 between 49k and 52k). For $59k, I would strongly consider looking at CPOs that come with the warranty.

Last edited:
I for one think $59 for a car with so few miles is a great value. If the ideal range from a standard charge is above 175 miles I would strongly consider.

I disagree, because the car is most likely out of warranty, and since it has not been used much, may still have some infant mortality left in the electric/electronic bits. Could get expensive.

Good deal or not depends solely on supply and demand.

If Tesla is out of CPO cars with extended warranties and bargain basement prices, then the supply is done. That's that.

It doesn't really matter that someone got it for $30k a month ago or whatever, the truth is, if there's a supply shortage, then the prices go up.

The question is not really if you're getting a good price or not. The questions you should be asking is:

a)is there a similar Roadster out there for cheaper? If not, then you're getting a good deal AT THIS TIME. So research CPO's.

b)if not, then can I wait a bit longer and hope there will be a more supply coming back to market to drive the prices down?

When I got mine for $60k a year ago, it was a pretty good deal. However, I didn't anticipate a boatload of trade-ins and Tesla dropping prices to clear them out 5 months later. If that event didn't occur, I'm pretty sure I can still sell mine at $60k today. But since it did occur, the question is, how many left overs does Tesla have in their CPO garage?