Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting our 2021/2022 Model S and X Screens motorized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

If you feel cheated like me, follow this and put in a complaint with the NHTSA.

Post this as a description. Hopefully a safety recall will force Tesla to fix our screens

My safety concern is with the 17 inch screen. Originally in the information about the car before it was purchased, the manufacturer said that the screen would tilt left or right to give the drive better a better view and access to the touch screen. I have talked to service about this issue and they have said they do not plan to retrofit our cars with the motors to make the screen move. This is now working on the same car that is one year newer. We were promised this and I believe this issue with the screen not moving is a serious concern. You cannot see the screen as well or touch it as well because it does not tilt towards the driver. Please investigate this problem, it is dangerous."

If ever there should be a complaint to the NHTSA about a safety issue, it should be about the horn button and the unlikelihood of hitting it during an emergency. But to complain about the screen tilt?….

And from the perspective of “but we were promised this” or even just that it was infered, I’d put the lack of dedicated Bluetooth audio for the rear screen, and the lackluster ambient lighting well above the screen tilt.

Reactions: doubleshot
Has anyone figured out how to make this happen? I was able to manually adjust my screen to face me. While doing so I noticed that I have the two plugs that power the motors. How do I get those motors? Seems like I'm just missing the motors.