Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

George B and the Tesla stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the discussion of customer "conversion rate". Most car dealerships are thinking they have to sell a car to everyone that walks into the store. Tesla is using stores and word of mouth instead of advertising.

I recently went to a see a movie, and I counted 4 different car commercials for 4 different brands of cars in the 1/2 hour before the movie. Not only was this annoying, but interestingly this was the local discount movie theater, where they show movies that have been out for a while for only $5. I kept thinking, "What are the marketing people thinking? Like who goes to a $5 movie and sees a car commercial, and thinks 'hey, I'm going go buy that car today'? (assuming they weren't already in the car buying mind frame before they went to the theater).

Tesla isn't squandering money on expensive commercials that annoy people while they wait for their TV show or movie (or worse, the commercial doesn't get viewed, because people just skip over). Tesla is talking one-on-one to people and answering questions that are unique to the individual, that's the best spent marketing dollars I've ever heard of. Targeted, relevant and appreciated by the recipient.

As with everything else, Tesla does it right!

:biggrin:

Last edited: