Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: neroden
Top%2BBrands.PNG

EV Sales: Global Top 20 - June 2018

Didn't know of this site - thanks @RobStark

Reactions: RobStark
I think you’re correct, but I’d still like to see solid numbers if anyone knows where to find ASPs by model. My Google-fu appears to be insufficient on this one.

Either way, it’s clear that the Model 3 will be the highest-revenue passenger car in America for the entire 2nd half of 2018. That’s kind of amazing. And, like the iPhone, it will dominate profits even more than market share.

Well my Google-fu also failed to find any reported numbers from Toyota or anyone else on Camry average US sales price but I seriously doubt the average Camry is $4K more than the average in its class.

I agree it would be nice if solid numbers could be found to confirm but in any case any remaining room for doubt should be gone by the end of next month.:)

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I’m reading CC transcript and I get the impression, that Tesla is learning from GA4, that using little less automation, than what they previously tought, is more efficient.

So maybe there’s some sweet spot for automation. Maybe more than what traditional car makers have done but less than what was done on GA3.

I’m reading CC transcript and I get the impression, that Tesla is learning from GA4, that using little less automation, than what they previously tought, is more efficient.

So maybe there’s some sweet spot for automation. Maybe more than what traditional car makers have done but less than what was done on GA3.

That was my take as well. However, I think their desire is to not stop at just a spot in between full automation and OEM ICE
manufacturers. I believe the goal is to go fully automated. It was 'a bridge too far' they learned during 'production hell' and they had to scramble to meet the 5k/wk end of Q2 goal. But they are still aiming for 100% automation in the future.

I don’t know, whether anyone is interested, but i’ve increased my Tesla portfolio slightly. I’m sure no one remembers, but when I joined this forum about four years ago, I thought that Tesla is clearly overvalued and bought some sell options. Well they all eventually expired worthless. After that I thought “If you can’t win them, join them” and now I have some shares. It is still only about 4% of my portfolio, but absolutely the most fun and interesting part :)

I’m sometimes somewhat “suspicious bull”, but i’m long in any case.

I don’t know, whether anyone is interested, but i’ve increased my Tesla portfolio slightly. I’m sure no one remembers, but when I joined this forum about four years ago, I thought that Tesla is clearly overvalued and bought some sell options. Well they all eventually expired worthless. After that I thought “If you can’t win them, join them” and now I have some shares. It is still only about 4% of my portfolio, but absolutely the most fun and interesting part :)

Welcome to the team.

Reactions: Lessmog

Some people learn more slowly but as long as you demonstrate the ability to learn at all, you’re golden. I look forward to a more cup is half full approach from you when discussing Tesla than your previous cup completely empty view.

Didn't know of this site - thanks @RobStark

This is kinda of neat as well, though they need to update all the models that are delayed:

What EV to buy electric car list of all BEVs past present & future

One thing I notice looking at Baic and BYD, the cars are clearly not comparable to the longer range US EVs like the upcoming Leaf, the Bolt and the Model 3. So its important to put that into perspective. The prices are also not in the luxury tier either. They are not the worst cars made but they have a long ways to go.

Global sales with Links:

GLOBAL EV SALES DATA | WORLD EV SALES HISTORY

That was my take as well. However, I think their desire is to not stop at just a spot in between full automation and OEM ICE
manufacturers. I believe the goal is to go fully automated. It was 'a bridge too far' they learned during 'production hell' and they had to scramble to meet the 5k/wk end of Q2 goal. But they are still aiming for 100% automation in the future.
That sweet spot is most likely moving towards more and more automation as robots develop and Tesla learns. But now Tesla has learned, that with current robotics and their own experience, they went too far with GA3.

Too many of us blame the vastly negative news coverage on FUDsters, bad analysts, biased periodicals etc.

While they exacerbate the problem, they are not the core of the problem.

The negative press merely reflects the negative perception of Tesla in the general community.
Hang on a second. As to your first statement above, I agree completely if you remove the "Too."
But to say that the press merely reflects what the man on the street thinks about Tesla seems backwards. The man on the street's perception comes primarily from what is printed about Tesla. I work with a bunch of people who don't really know anything about Tesla, but their perception is that Tesla is running out of money, that a whistle blower recently was fired, that they can't make model 3's, etc.

If they didn't get that negative perception from the press then where did they get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.