Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen II Lighted Rear Applique available tomorrow evening at 8PM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Gen II lighted rear applique will be available for purchase starting tomorrow evening February 17 at 8pm EST. Gen II has many improvements over the Gen I version, including having it painted to match the color of your car and the elimination of the plastic lens that creates the condensation problem familiar to most owners. The other improvements are spelled out in detail on our new web site, which will become operational tomorrow evening. 50 units will be manufactured in our first production run, so the supply delays we had with Gen I will no longer be a concern. Orders placed before March 1 will ship around the third week of March.

Gen II fits so well installation no longer requires use of double sided tape on the bracket or the ends of the applique (yes, the ends of the applique will not lift off the taillights). Gen II comes with a new conformal coated/waterproofed letter board installed. No silicone sealant is used on Gen II.

We’ve created a new web site that has photos, videos, and details on the Gen II version. Orders can also be placed on the site, which will go live tomorrow evening at 8pm EST. Please note that the site will not be accessible before then.

Also, as apperciation to TMC for making development of the applique possible through the many threads, posts, and information exchanged on this web site a modest honorarium will be paid to TMC for every applique sale.

I think Model S enthusiasts will love this new Gen II version.

Just ordered my gen 2 applique--I was one of the lucky ones/early adopters to get a gen 1. Order #1002 (...either Rick is getting slammed or the web site has assigned an 'inflated' starting number).

BTW, all of you new buyers won't be sorry. While it is a bit of work to do the install, IMHO it is the nicest Model S mod out there (and my Tesla Motors Palo Alto Service Manager agrees...and he has seen a whole lot of S).

Thanks, Rick.

Just ordered my gen 2 applique--I was one of the lucky ones/early adopters to get a gen 1. Order #1002 (...either Rick is getting slammed or the web site has assigned an 'inflated' starting number).

BTW, all of you new buyers won't be sorry. While it is a bit of work to do the install, IMHO it is the nicest Model S mod out there (and my Tesla Motors Palo Alto Service Manager agrees...and he has seen a whole lot of S).

Thanks, Rick.

Thank you Jon. Orders are brisk. When other owners see this in operation at superchargers we find new buyers immediately. Only if Jurgen and I could carry inventory around n our own Model S's:)

I'll be mounting a camcorder on the back of my car tomorrow and shooting the GenII appliqué in action as I drive through neighborhood streets and on a few highways. I'll post the video tomorrow or Sunday. Thought it would be helpful for folks to see this in dynamic operation -- what other drivers see when they're behind you on roads and highways.

I'll be mounting a camcorder on the back of my car tomorrow and shooting the GenII appliqué in action as I drive through neighborhood streets and on a few highways. I'll post the video tomorrow or Sunday. Thought it would be helpful for folks to see this in dynamic operation -- what other drivers see when they're behind you on roads and highways.
Just ordered mine the other day, going for the grey and may dechrome the rest of the car. Looking forward to seeing the video artsci!

Can't wait to see that!!

No need for a new controller. New applique is plug & play. Rick can provide a passcode/discount phrase when you order. You will get just the applique.

The Gen I owners do not need a new controller so that results in a major savings. Plus we've given an additional discount to Gen I owners for being early adapters. I emailed all Gen I owners a discount code. If you did not receive it please PM me.