Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

gen 1 profile difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the side profile of the model S. Especially compared to similar cars like the Taycan and e-tron. I know from Gen 1 to Gen 3 there's been big changes to the front bumper, wider fenders, some changes to the rear diffuser, small changes to the headlights and mirrors, body colored side skirts, etc. But does it have the overall profile of Gen 3, or has the hood/window/roof line/trunk evolved as well? What about pillars and door positions, and creases and all the things the change the overall shape of a car? Online pics are all over the place. Sometimes it looks very similar and sometimes it looks drastically different. The chrome delete and different ride heights makes a big difference in the overall look of the car, but those things being equal is the overall profile the same? I haven't seen enough Model S' in the wild to really be able to compare. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 4.41.34 PM.png

Other than the blackout, the one other major side view change is a thin chrome strip below the doors. The charge port in the rear taillight also changed, but that's not all that noticeable when closed. The older 2012-2015 side light was also slightly changed when they added the camera and switched from an incandescent bulb to LED.

Here's a pre-blackout side view:
2120x1192 MS Profile Red SF Bay cropped.jpg