Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway 2 Semi-Flush Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tyrus

Sep 21, 2023
CA
The technical spec sheet for the Gateway 2 lists "wall mount and semi-flush mount" options. Has anyone here installed semi-flush? I don't have space for the 6" thickness if I wall mount, so I'm looking for guidance on how flush is semi-flush? Couldn't find any examples on a web search, and Tesla manual does not offer any information for this type of installation. Thanks!

Mine is surface mount. When you say you don't have 6" wall mount, what do you mean by that?

I know when Tesla requested pictures of my install location, they said they needed 6' in all directions space for them to install and for the equipment. Of course, that isn't needed once they finish, but figured I'd mention it.

The technical spec sheet for the Gateway 2 lists "wall mount and semi-flush mount" options. Has anyone here installed semi-flush? I don't have space for the 6" thickness if I wall mount, so I'm looking for guidance on how flush is semi-flush? Couldn't find any examples on a web search, and Tesla manual does not offer any information for this type of installation. Thanks!
Semi Flush is an option for interior installations but it's not an amazing installation process. It is possible to recess it about 4" but there's no trim, or mounting kit or instructions.

Mine is surface mount. When you say you don't have 6" wall mount, what do you mean by that?

I know when Tesla requested pictures of my install location, they said they needed 6' in all directions space for them to install and for the equipment. Of course, that isn't needed once they finish, but figured I'd mention it.
I am mounting the Gateway in my interior mudroom, and there is a door that opens close to the wall where I want to mount the Gateway. If I wall mount it, the Gateway will be hit by the door :(

Semi Flush is an option for interior installations but it's not an amazing installation process. It is possible to recess it about 4" but there's no trim, or mounting kit or instructions.
Thank you @Vines, recessing 4" should be enough room for my situation. No trim is a bummer, but if I can figure out a solution that looks good I'll post pictures.

Reactions: Vines