Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Wiring Fire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile, that bastion of thoroughly-researched journalism called the Wall Street Cheat Sheet ("when it comes to accuracy, we cheat!"), has a new article out about Tesla.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/tesla-answers-latest-model-s-fire-with-software-update.html

And it contains this utter nonsense:

There was a "December battery fire while a Model S was charging"? Oh? Where? When?

And this doozy:

This is just irresponsible BS from a two-bit freelancer who read somebody else's work (Green Car Reports, which never once mentions battery fire), misunderstood, didn't go do any research, and wrote an article with material falsehoods.

If you're up to it, be sure to tweet @EricSchaalNY and let him know how he needs to correct this pronto.

You can visit this link to let Wall Street Cheat Sheet's editorial team know what you think of their Tesla coverage.

Christ, he didn't even get the month right! The fire was in November!

I left a pretty scathing comment. This is unforgivable in light of recent events. Schaal is either corrupt and is intentionally doing a hit piece to get views, or he's completely inept and didn't even bother to read Tesla's response to the incident. Either way, it's irresponsible and they should think twice about hiring him again. :(

Last edited:
Part of me wishes Tesla would sue each and every one of these "journalists" for libel. The only problem with that is it would make Tesla look like a bully, but I wish there was a way to hold media scumbags accountable.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I really dislike the lawsuit-happy society we've become, so I'm not sure I want Tesla suing anybody. At the same time, I wish journalists were held accountable for shoddy reporting, especially in instances when it'd be so easy to verify, as is the case here. It seems all "journalists" care about anymore is being first and that being right has fallen by the wayside.

Internet journalists care about "hits" to their website. Anything with Tesla and Fire is sure to generate a lot of traffic. At least we have the ability to speak out against these people. That Comment section and forums like this one are our best recourse. Writing to the editors as suggested is another great way to spread the truth.