Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the left lane? I'd say that it's certainly unusual to swing so far out before a turn. Also, the signal was unusual in how high it was. Why did the signal look orange? I thought the orange-shifted reds had been addressed. Anyway, I can easily see this being outside the training data - far enough out that the network couldn't extrapolate to cover it.

There should be some aspect of training data commanding the brakes. The lead vehicle brake lights, turn signals, the broadside of the pickup, quickly closing in on a near stationary object in path, ...

Maybe it's another example of the boy's throwing caution to the wind in an attempt to make FSD feel more capable, more responsive, more human like than it really is?

Last edited:
Elon talked about all the Nvidia chips (A100) online (>30K) and no longer compute constraint. Then said something like they would have >80k of the A100 chips online in the next year.
I think he said H100 equivalants. Which includes A100, H100, DOJO, etc... More on the slide deck:

1713910251562.png

So some of those ~37k equivalents are DOJO. They aren't sharing what the makeup of that is. (There could even be AMD chips in there.)

They even included a picture of a DOJO cluster in the slide deck:
1713910333180.png

I think he said H100 equivalants. Which includes A100, H100, DOJO, etc... More on the slide deck:

So some of those ~37k equivalents are DOJO. They aren't sharing what the makeup of that is. (There could even be AMD chips in there.)

They even included a picture of a DOJO cluster in the slide deck.
Yeah I see the pic is there but why no mention of Dojo and why use a Nvidia chip number as the standard. (I was working and didn't hear "equivalent")? But still why not say Dojo and equivalent if Dojo is still relevant? Makes no sense to promote Nvidia and NOT your own product Dojo if it is still relevant.

I wonder how many miles on FSD (City Streets) they have done. This is info they have not published.

I guess it doesn’t matter. Will be interesting to see that curve dramatically reduce slope soon. Though maybe they will just extend free FSD.

Elon now pumping stock by telling people to drive FSD 12.3. 😬

Last edited:
Yeah I see the pic is there but why no mention of Dojo and why use a Nvidia chip number as the standard. (I was working and didn't hear "equivalent")? But still why not say Dojo and equivalent if Dojo is still relevant?
Because nobody, outside of Tesla, knows the computing capacity of a DOJO chip, but everyone, that matters, knows the capacity of a H100. It is just putting it into terms that are comparable to other companies installed training clusters.

Makes no sense to promote Nvidia and NOT your own product Dojo if it is still relevant.

They aren't "promoting" Nvidia. But, in any case why would they promote DOJO, it isn't like they are planning on selling it. All that matters is installed training capacity.

But, in any case why would they promote DOJO, it isn't like they are planning on selling it. All that matters is installed training capacity.
“Dojo also has the potential to become a sellable service that we would offer to other companies in the same way that Amazon Web Services offers web services, even though it started out as a bookstore. So I really think that yes, the Dojo potential is very significant.“

“Dojo also has the potential to become a sellable service that we would offer to other companies in the same way that Amazon Web Services offers web services, even though it started out as a bookstore. So I really think that yes, the Dojo potential is very significant.“
But that is selling the service not the chips/servers. And they will probably sell/price it based on some industry standard unit, like H100 equivalents. (So people can properly compare availability/pricing between cloud services.)

It is great that Dojo is alive and well. Nvidia needs some stiff competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: kpanda17

View attachment 1041100

They even included a picture of a DOJO cluster in the slide deck:
View attachment 1041101
Last I heard they were having trouble with Dojo reliability/connections.

The end of the conference call got even wackier with Elon and team promoting the millions of sold Tesla vehicles for use as a future supercomputer revenue. This from a guy who tried to save money by cutting all connections and rolling Twitter's data racks onto a rental truck. 🤣

I don't think anyone is crazy or desperate enough to put the company jewels in Elon's hands.