Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no change to your charge port, just the ECU is swapped out with a different one.
Yeah, just short handing it. I know it is just the ECU.
Thanks for the confirmation. It’s a bit strange that other stations can’t provide compatibility but maybe that is because Tesla has not opened that standard to allow everyone to just mimic the SuCs? I was hoping that with NACS this situation might eventually change. It’s going to be confusing for normal people driving used older Teslas in a few years to have a fast charger Tesla connector that does not work with Teslas, but so be it.

I assume eventually NACS chargers will get rid of the CCS1 connector so the adapter won’t be needed and CCS1 people can use Magic Docks or whatever.

Anyway off topic here! I’m done.

I don’t think FSD is analogous, for the record.

Reactions: GSP
There is.. just press on the map, drop a PIN, save as favorite (or home I think) and that is a LON/LAT coordinate.. but even then it’s not accurate enough to park in a tight garage or confidently in the same place in a driveway.

A SLIGHTLY more precise way to do this is to actually do it in google maps, zoomed in and with sat view. Then, drop that pin in google maps.. then SHARE that location with your tesla, and then save that as a favourite.
I tried those. I didn't work.Tesla associated the pin drop to the closest address.

Reactions: archae86 and Pdubs
I can understand the incredulity, but what makes you accept the human figures you quoted? Does everyone here think that every human reports every accident that happens? Or are the stats only for "bad accidents" that require police involvement (official reports)?
If we cant use published NHSTA or DOT or whoever's data as a baseline, then we cant even have a conversation about anything.

Its mostly a theoretical discussion anyway, until Tesla actually publishes apples to apples data that can be compared to SOMETHING.

I tried those. I didn't work.Tesla associated the pin drop to the closest address.
It is a bit hit or miss when one is parked RIGHT at an official address. Sometimes, turn off WIFI, but the google maps smartphone app one should always work. I see the LON/LAT in the Navigate to address that is sent to what is my home location - an address that has no question the official street address.

Reactions: Pdubs
Even if its actually only half as good as the average human, (so twice as dangerous), it will still crash only once every 125,000 miles.
The problem with your analysis is it is simplistic.

Instead of “crash” start talking about all mistakes and accidents. Humans have an avg of one accident per 10,000 miles. That includes things like curbing. Fatal accidents are much rarer - millions of miles.

So, before we know it’s “good” we need to see accident rates north of 10k miles. Waymo is close to that and there is no driver !

This DOES do something, but it is very laggy and unpredictable in ASSO mode as compared to manual mode. Honestly it is strange. It is very hard to describe the behavior.
Turns out this behavior is very predictable and quite the quick UI hack. If you turn off automatic set speed offset while driving, it will reveal the underlying numeric set speed. By default it will set itself to 50% above the speed limit, and you can scroll wheel up and down to change a set speed while the text still shows AUTO.

So you can do some mental math. In a 25 mph speed limit zone, it'll default to 38. So if you scroll down quickly it'll drop you to 35 then another down 30. I accidentally did this too many times and got confused by FSD Beta would not move. Toggling off automatic set speed offset revealed it was set down to 0.

Turns out this behavior is very predictable and quite the quick UI hack. If you turn off automatic set speed offset while driving, it will reveal the underlying numeric set speed. By default it will set itself to 50% above the speed limit, and you can scroll wheel up and down to change a set speed while the text still shows AUTO.

So you can do some mental math. In a 25 mph speed limit zone, it'll default to 38. So if you scroll down quickly it'll drop you to 35 then another down 30. I accidentally did this too many times and got confused by FSD Beta would not move. Toggling off automatic set speed offset revealed it was set down to 0.
Yeah I was seeing something like that this morning. However it was also (apparently?) resetting to other values in the background as I drove so it was confusing.

So practically speaking for the original question here, just turn off ASSO mode, get all the benefits of ASSO (?), and know the actual current cap speed.

As did you, I also managed to get the set speed to 0 and have no movement. But I was mostly expecting it, since I had been furiously scrolling down (with no immediate effect) to accomplish this.

Last edited:
I spent 2 hours driving on FSD for fun and also recalibrated the cameras. Tried all three modes in depth and really settled on chill. Ultimately I realized I don’t care that someone’s ass behind me is on fire or having a meltdown. My personal ass likes a smoother ride.

Gonna smash a bottle of bubbly over the hood of my standard range Tesla and set sail baby.

Last edited:
So practically speaking for the original question here, just turn off ASSO mode, get all the benefits of ASSO (?), and know the actual current cap speed.
Generally yes just using the regular offset is probably more useful at this point where the set speed might need to be adjusted frequently. I suppose there could be some benefits of AUTO:
  • 50% is higher than the usual 30% max percentage offset, so if speed limit detection is wrong, this could save some scrolling
  • If seeing a high number like 85mph set speed introduces anxiety, hiding it with AUTO could be better
  • At least while 11.x freeway and 12.x city street are separate, this allows for two different set speed (assuming you're good with what seems to be +10% [65mph->72] and +50% respectively)

I honestly wish I had 11.4.9 instead of 12.3. It's starting to actively piss me off due to how often I need to push down on the accelerator (few to several times a minute).
Yeah, if that's my only option then I'm just not using it, and waiting for the next iteration. That's pretty much the way it's gone since the beginning of FSD for me. I haven't quite reached the "enough already with the go pedal" place yet...but it may not be long.

I wish they'd let us drop pins for "home" somewhere in our driveway and let the car do the whole end of drive.

Also, man, being back on 11.4.9 makes me appreciate and miss 12.3 sooooo much.

I put my whole driveway into Open Street Map and at some point it was picked up into Tesla’s database so I can do just that. But flip side was that Amazon, Fed Ex etc adjusted their delivery drop point way up on my property since they can map it (something I don’t want) and now flip out when they can’t get through my gate to reach it.

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs and sleepydoc