Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just catching up on posts now, so this may have already been said, but you should try a seat recalibration on the vehicle that moves the seat to the wrong position. My profile is shared with my 3 and my wife's Y and works correctly. When my son bought a 3, the same profile was way out of position. We recalibrated the seat on that car, and it worked after that.
How do I recalibrate seats?

Edit: in the service menu

Last edited:
Not much I can do when a bunch of insane people want to call out the one sane person as the insane one :D

View attachment 1032614

View attachment 1032615
I have no idea what you're even arguing. If V12 is going to be used unsupervised it's going to need to be SAE L3-5*. Of course the number one thing holding it back from being used unsupervised is reliability which isn't even part of SAE J3016.

*It's already L5 (beta) ;)

There was a mass trial with V11 and it was far worse overall. It wasn't the same scope, but it's still a Beta product...Tesla will make that clear. I'm sure that 12.3.2 or whatever is ready for the masses will be ultra vigilant on driver monitoring.

I don't know if insisting on driver monitoring is going to help. It takes experience with the pitfalls of FSD to react as quickly as I did in the second scenario.

Reactions: Ramphex
I have no idea what you're even arguing. If V12 is going to be used unsupervised it's going to need to be SAE L3-5*. Of course the number one thing holding it back from being used unsupervised is reliability which isn't even part of SAE J3016.

*It's already L5 (beta) ;)
and Biden is going to try and hold Elon/Tesla back, this administration does not even acknowledge Tesla's leadership globally
pathetic

guys, huge week, 12.3.1 fixes the speed issue, 12.3.2 is out, v12 will be in the main 2024 code next week, seems everyone is getting April FSD for free
some in the press are stating that its Elon tweaking the end of quarter sales results and stock excitement
they don't get it, Elon is playing 4D chess, years ahead of everyone else
Elon knows how and when he does things, its interesting how the average brain cannot even think close or at the same time as Elon
his long game is profound

it will be interesting how Elon keeps up with AI in his bots.... o_O

Just went to a local Home Depot and come back. I used to pre-disengage about 4 times using V11, along with some manual max speed adjustments in 3 places.

Now the V12.3.1:
- As expected, it passed all previously 4 disengaged locations. Some were rather challenging with lots of traffic, yet it drove just like I would. 100/100 here. V11 was hopeless here, and I personally panicked in all 4 locations, drove like an idiot when I first arrived at my city. I feel in these conditions, V12.3.1 drives better than a human with no existing local knowledge.
- Auto-speed : It is weird. on a road marked 40km/h, it sometimes goes up to 58km/h. I usually use 55km/h max speed, so that's not bad. It also did 79km/h on 60km/h road. It seems I am experiencing more above limit speed than most of you. I also had share of below posted speed experiences.
- Manual accel on auto-speed : When it was doing 60 and I needed it to go 80, I pushed accel, and it kept at 80 nicely. The road wasn't long enough for me to figure out if it goes back to 60 or not. No problem for me there.
- Accel/Brake : It now does both little more aggressively than I'm used to. On the other hand, 2 years ago, I recall being worse. Perhaps I will get used to it.
- Following distance : Not sure what the logic is here. No matter what setting I use, sometimes it feels to far, and sometimes closer than I've ever seen FSD do. Acceptable, but I would have preferred more consistency.
- Cornering : Smooth! Also, I didn't experience the tight almost-curve-hitting type of turns.

In a nut shell, I'll need more time to get used to the new Idiosyncrasies of this version, but I like it. Looking forward to drive some more near the future.

Completely agree. The 5 mph limit on TACC is ridiculous, but at least FSD would respect whatever speed I set previously. Now, it goes whatever speed it wants to go, and that's typically either the speed limit, or within 3 mph of the speed limit. Often times, it'll go several mph under the speed limit for no apparent reason. In my neighborhood, it likes to go around 15, even though the limit is 25. Paying $12k for the current functionality is really pissing me off. Simple things like this speed limit issue should not be happening.
.1 fixed the speed for me after I did a soft reboot after install. I hope it works for you when you get it.

Just went to a local Home Depot and come back. I used to pre-disengage about 4 times using V11, along with some manual max speed adjustments in 3 places.

Now the V12.3.1:
- As expected, it passed all previously 4 disengaged locations. Some were rather challenging with lots of traffic, yet it drove just like I would. 100/100 here. V11 was hopeless here, and I personally panicked in all 4 locations, drove like an idiot when I first arrived at my city. I feel in these conditions, V12.3.1 drives better than a human with no existing local knowledge.
- Auto-speed : It is weird. on a road marked 40km/h, it sometimes goes up to 58km/h. I usually use 55km/h max speed, so that's not bad. It also did 79km/h on 60km/h road. It seems I am experiencing more above limit speed than most of you. I also had share of below posted speed experiences.
- Manual accel on auto-speed : When it was doing 60 and I needed it to go 80, I pushed accel, and it kept at 80 nicely. The road wasn't long enough for me to figure out if it goes back to 60 or not. No problem for me there.
- Accel/Brake : It now does both little more aggressively than I'm used to. On the other hand, 2 years ago, I recall being worse. Perhaps I will get used to it.
- Following distance : Not sure what the logic is here. No matter what setting I use, sometimes it feels to far, and sometimes closer than I've ever seen FSD do. Acceptable, but I would have preferred more consistency.
- Cornering : Smooth! Also, I didn't experience the tight almost-curve-hitting type of turns.

In a nut shell, I'll need more time to get used to the new Idiosyncrasies of this version, but I like it. Looking forward to drive some more near the future.
what speed offset setting are you running?

Autonomous vehicles are regulated by the states.
agree, but politically this administration has not made it easy and can make FSD path to level 3+ hard
"
The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued federal guidelines for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) that include voluntary guidance and technical assistance to states. In 2021, the NHTSA issued a Standing General Order that requires vehicle manufacturers and operators to report crashes involving Level 2 ADAS and Levels 3-5 automated driving systems (ADS). The order also requires manufacturers to submit updated incident reports by the 15th of each month following any calendar month in which notice of new or materially different information about the incident is received. "

For those whose car isn't keeping up with the flow of traffic (while on Auto Speed), I'm definitely interested in why the NN isn't handling that properly. For me, and others who have reported here, when there is moderate traffic around the car, it keeps up with them, even if that means traveling faster than the speed limit. Why is our experience different from those who've reported their cars driving significantly below the speed limit (30's in a 50 zone) even while many cars are around them, changing lanes and passing them?

In this example, my car will stay at or just below the speed limit (light traffic):

1711557839744.png

In this example, my car will keep up with the cars around it, even if they are speeding (moderate traffic):

1711557906450.png