Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V12 tried to kill me for the second time last night.

My car was about 0.4 miles from the highway exit. The car got in the exit lane, noticed the line was backed up, got out of the exit lane, realized right away that this was stupid, and stopped!!! right in between while another car was coming from behind at highway speed. I yanked the car back to the exit lane while the other driver zipped by, angrily honking at the sheer stupidity (of me trusting FSD of course).

Back to assuming FSD is a psychopath with murderous intent now.
What do mean "got out of the exit lane"?

Been in the beta since Dec of 2021 (required safety score). 12.3 is the first release that has made me set up TACC and autosteer profiles. The system will not drive at the set speed when requested except on TACC, which requires me to steer. I am perfectly capable of this but I did not pay 12K to have to use the same system that was on my 2016 Elantra. And even worse, if I want go to the basic autosteer, I am worse off that my wife in her 2018 CRV with lane keeping and a cruise control that doesn't babysit her to 5 over. Really hoping 12.3.1 will respect set speeds rather than waiting for other cars to drive faster to accelerate. That doesn't work if you drive rural roads where you may not encounter other drivers for miles.
Completely agree. The 5 mph limit on TACC is ridiculous, but at least FSD would respect whatever speed I set previously. Now, it goes whatever speed it wants to go, and that's typically either the speed limit, or within 3 mph of the speed limit. Often times, it'll go several mph under the speed limit for no apparent reason. In my neighborhood, it likes to go around 15, even though the limit is 25. Paying $12k for the current functionality is really pissing me off. Simple things like this speed limit issue should not be happening.

I have a weird issue non-driving (well you can't drive with it), don't know if it is a 12.3 vs 12.31.1 thing or just a thing with the cars.

We have a 3 and Y and as far as I could tell the seat positions for those were independent.

Well with a loaner 3 in my account, I've discovered that Tesla appears to share profiles between the "same" car type.

The problem is the loaner 3 translated my seat back position to be full bent over. When I got in initially, I thought it was just a bad Easy Entry profile from the previous user. So, I "fixed" and saved my position in the loaner. When I got in to our model 3 and it recognized my profile it put the seat back, way back. It looks like it took the sync'ed profile and applied it incorrectly.

Basically, it looks like the two cars offset from each other what they think a give position on the seat (back) is.

There is clearly a bug somewhere.
Just catching up on posts now, so this may have already been said, but you should try a seat recalibration on the vehicle that moves the seat to the wrong position. My profile is shared with my 3 and my wife's Y and works correctly. When my son bought a 3, the same profile was way out of position. We recalibrated the seat on that car, and it worked after that.

V12 is V12. Sure the highway stack may be the same as for V11, but the firmware is V12. The firmware that Elon Musk insisted all new buyers must try. I hope no one dies from this.
Has he driven V12? I would have waited to work out quite a few current bugs before he went and insisted everyone try it. Trying the current version would have just shown why $12k isn't worth it.

• Funny
Reactions: STUtoday and Hiline
Agian you don't know what you are talking about. The levels ARE SAE specifications. If you don't believe how important SAE standards are just look at this example. Tesla opened the NACS charger port/plug to everyone. In order to do that they had to send the specs to SAE for them to be standardized and released. Here is from Tesla.com.

View attachment 1032361
Not much I can do when a bunch of insane people want to call out the one sane person as the insane one :D

1711552312455.png

1711552389163.png

Last edited:
Regardless it doesn't belong in the v12 thread...there are other threads for that.
I'm not starting a new thread and I didn't see other threads that cover this as you indicated. Let's see how this goes and if we go off the rails the moderator can jump in. Unless something develops related to L3 or is really interesting I'll stay away from L3 for now since my position is clear.

• Disagree
Reactions: GWord and Ramphex
Sorry if you're having a bad day :cool:

So far this evening you've accused someone of plagiarism, got annoyed by my engineering humor (sorry about that), raked a new member over the coals (apparently withdrawn), and now you want to punish your brother-in-law.

This is not your normal cheerful self. I know you've mentioned a few issues with your wife, but if you're not getting any is it really his fault? ;)

In any event, since you suggested I get off the drugs (which I never use), I won't give any such advice in return, except to refer your case to @sleepydoc for a calming prescription.

JK
You win the internet today

I estimate that 80-90% of users have noticed the too-slow driving behavior of V12. 3.

How is it that Tesla released it like that? Overly cautious? Didn't notice? Rush to meet a two-week deadline?
Whole Mars was reporting it before it went wide. I assume it's just overly cautious. IMO 12.3.1 didn't really fix it, but have hopes 12.3.2 does.

Reactions: Pdubs
I estimate that 80-90% of users have noticed the too-slow driving behavior of V12. 3.

How is it that Tesla released it like that? Overly cautious? Didn't notice? Rush to meet a two-week deadline?

Sour as I am as a TSLA holder, this is quite clearly a distraction from the upcoming disappointing delivery numbers and earnings report. V12.3 is not ready for mass trial. Imagine what a couple of panic attacks or accidents would do to the reputation of the product and the company.

Well, the NHTSA review and requirements did say something about reducing the drivers ability to override speed settings, posted speed signs and shortened reaction time (made available) for the required human occupant to be able to take over.. maybe this was just a hammers way of complying with a lot of that?

Sour as I am as a TSLA holder, this is quite clearly a distraction from the upcoming disappointing delivery numbers and earnings report. V12.3 is not ready for mass trial. Imagine what a couple of panic attacks or accidents would do to the reputation of the product and the company.
There was a mass trial with V11 and it was far worse overall. It wasn't the same scope, but it's still a Beta product...Tesla will make that clear. I'm sure that 12.3.2 or whatever is ready for the masses will be ultra vigilant on driver monitoring.

Reactions: Pdubs and Dennisis
Well, the NHTSA review and requirements did say something about reducing the drivers ability to override speed settings, posted speed signs and shortened reaction time (made available) for the required human occupant to be able to take over.. maybe this was just a hammers way of complying with a lot of that?
Doubtful as Elon acknowledged it needs to be fixed.

Reactions: Pdubs