Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I find any long drive tiring and much less so on FSD. Might be age related.

Serious question: What about driving on a four lane for twelve hours? We did some twelve hour drives on a road trip, and I wouldn't have done that without FSD.
Still waiting for an opportunity to try it on a really long trip. I'm planning on a trip to Canada soon and am also curious how FSD will operate there.

you look like a troll or a lunatic.
After readying some of your posts, you took the words right out of my mouth....
There are people here who have 3 years plus of testing all the iterations of the software.
Maybe you do, maybe you don't. However being a TMC member for a few months and posting a lot about
something you probably are far from an expert on, is frowned upon. So post as much as you wish, just know the
well informed are probably skipping past your posts or putting you on ignore.

Reactions: Yelobird
The correct way to clear the nag is to
- Use one of the little knobs on the steering wheel
- Pull the wheel slightly in one direction and hold it till the nag goes away

People who "wiggle" the wheel instead, have problem making the nag go away.
Or the easiest way for me is to either have my left arm on the door rest with my hand lightly holding the wheel or the right arm on the center rest with the hand on the wheel. Just let the wheel slide thru the hand on the wheel when the car turns. I've been doing this for almost 3 years now with FSD and don't even think about nags. Muscle memory takes over. Now today when I drove to Logan Airport in Boston used both hands going thru the tunnel with the side of the tunnel super close to the car. Of course wearing sun glasses helps too plus I never hold my phone so no worries their. People have made way too much of nagging.

A first for me. I had to look it up.
Ran into it years ago on Netnews; have used it from time to time. I never looked it up; cognoscenti translates pretty directly into English from Latin/Italian as, "Thems that knows."

The regulars on this thread definitely fall under that category, at least when it comes to FSD(S).

Just checked Miriam-Webster. Huh. Been in use in English since 1775.

English is a fun language. It doesn't just borrow words from other languages - it mugs the other language, drags it into an alley, steals everything in the other language's wallet, and riffles through the other languages pockets.

Fun fact: The official state language of Papua New Guinea is Pidgin English. Don't ask.

After readying some of your posts, you took the words right out of my mouth....
There are people here who have 3 years plus of testing all the iterations of the software.
Maybe you do, maybe you don't. However being a TMC member for a few months and posting a lot about
something you probably are far from an expert on, is frowned upon. So post as much as you wish, just know the
well informed are probably skipping past your posts or putting you on ignore.
Every forum has the circle jerk old guard that doesn't like to see new members. I'm a bit surprised even with the more mature crowd we have here this still holds true. Ironic you are accusing me of being a troll when the bulk of your comments on here are in fact just that.

The correct way to clear the nag is to
- Use one of the little knobs on the steering wheel
- Pull the wheel slightly in one direction and hold it till the nag goes away

People who "wiggle" the wheel instead, have problem making the nag go away.
Um. My personal trick has been, with two hands on the wheel, to lean one way on one breath, then lean the other way on the other breath, lather, rinse, repeat. I don't know if that counts as "wiggling", but it works.

Every forum has the circle jerk old guard that doesn't like to see new members. I'm a bit surprised even with the more mature crowd we have here this still holds true. Ironic you are accusing me of being a troll when the bulk of your comments on here are in fact just that.
I actually love new members. I encourage all to post as much as they like. What I think is comical is new users who THINK they know more then the people who have been using the software for years. That is why we have 2 ears and 1 mouth. It seems you might have that philosophy backwards.
Either way, post away. You are always welcome here.

Oh, and I wouldn't consider myself as a troll, but possibly could be. I make jokes about people who I have posted with, and have made fun of each other for years to lighten the mood between new software releases.

I do like the "Circle Jerk Old Guard" comment... that one actually suits me well! Maybe I will change my profile to that one and give you credit.
Edit - Fixed, thanks for the idea!

Last thing, I have 55K plus miles of FSDB and FSDS... When you get within 50K of those miles, then hop back on your high horse.

I actually love new members. I encourage all to post as much as they like. What I think is comical is new users who THINK they know more then the people who have been using the software for years. That is why we have 2 ears and 1 mouth. It seems you might have that philosophy backwards.
Either way, post away. You are always welcome here.

Oh, and I wouldn't consider myself as a troll, but possibly could be. I make jokes about people who I have posted with, and have made fun of each other for years to lighten the mood between new software releases.

I do like the "Circle Jerk Old Guard" comment... that one actually suits me well! Maybe I will change my profile to that one and give you credit.

Last thing, I have 55K plus miles of FSDB and FSDS... When you get within 50K of those miles, then hop back on your high horse.
No high horse here, sir. When there is something I don't know about I am humble and ask questions, I'm sure you've seen that. I don't have as many miles as most on here but I've also been consuming FSD information voraciously and using FSD extensively.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
No high horse here, sir. When there is something I don't know about I am humble and ask questions, I'm sure you've seen that. I don't have as many miles as most on here but I've also been consuming FSD information voraciously and using FSD extensively.
Glad to hear it, and love your enthusiasm for testing the software!

Reactions: cyborgLIS
Is there actually such a thing anymore? I mean "us testers". There's FSDS users, and non-users. Of the users, some of them post about it here. There are the influencers, who Tesla may deign to release to first, but isn't it basically just their testers and the public now? I don't know, I'm just asking. I can't think of any other demarcations of the ecosystem.
That is a great question. Sadly, there is no visible "demarkation". Selecting Advanced vs. Standard Software Updates in the car appears to have no effect on this. But there is a large group of owners who are sent updates to FSD which are not available to everyone. This group is also prevented from updating to new production releases.

Among the 20,000 TeslaFi subscribers, about 7,000 (including myself) are stuck on 2024.3.x but have received 5 or more updates to FSD v12, all on 2022.3, up to 12.3.6 . I call us the testers. Many were on FSD beta back when a high Safety Score was required.

During this same period, the 10,000 plus owners on the production branch has received six new version - 2024.8 and 2024.14, all on FSD 11.4.9 until now with 2024.14.6, which incorporates 12.3.6. This the same version the testers have. It seems this version passed the testing and is becoming widely available.

So, as of right now, the production branch and the tester branch have the same FSD version. This happened before, last December, when FSD beta 11.4.9 was included in the 2023.44 production version. There was speculation that the tester program was over, but then 12.3 was released to testers but no FSD 12 versions went out to the production branch till now.

Of the 2,000 plus installs of 2024.8.9, only 30 of the over 6,000 2024.3 (fsd 12.3.6) are included. So I, for one, am curious if "us testers" will be updated to this version. Over the next few days this will become clear.

That is a great question. Sadly, there is no visible "demarkation". Selecting Advanced vs. Standard Software Updates in the car appears to have no effect on this. But there is a large group of owners who are sent updates to FSD which are not available to everyone. This group is also prevented from updating to new production releases.

Among the 20,000 TeslaFi subscribers, about 7,000 (including myself) are stuck on 2024.3.x but have received 5 or more updates to FSD v12, all on 2022.3, up to 12.3.6 . I call us the testers. Many were on FSD beta back when a high Safety Score was required.

During this same period, the 10,000 plus owners on the production branch has received six new version - 2024.8 and 2024.14, all on FSD 11.4.9 until now with 2024.14.6, which incorporates 12.3.6. This the same version the testers have. It seems this version passed the testing and is becoming widely available.

So, as of right now, the production branch and the tester branch have the same FSD version. This happened before, last December, when FSD beta 11.4.9 was included in the 2023.44 production version. There was speculation that the tester program was over, but then 12.3 was released to testers but no FSD 12 versions went out to the production branch till now.

Of the 2,000 plus installs of 2024.8.9, only 30 of the over 6,000 2024.3 (fsd 12.3.6) are included. So I, for one, am curious if "us testers" will be updated to this version. Over the next few days this will become clear.
Basically your stuck with some of us in the OG update schedule....it does have its pros and cons.... I would like to finally get the software update that has Netflix and Spotify....one can dream

Just wanted to add to this. Even though I am here primarily to learn, I feel it's selfish and cold to come to a forum purely to ask questions and give nothing in return. That is why I try to offer information when I have any, or at least offer an opinion when I feel informed enough. Same is true of in person conversations.

Basically your stuck with some of us in the OG update schedule....it does have its pros and cons.... I would like to finally get the software update that has Netflix and Spotify....one can dream
The classic conundrum: Latest FSD or latest firmware/software/features but you can't have both (at least not for long like the Holiday update or the way it is now until 12.4.x is released to us "backwards' firmware users).

Just wanted to add to this. Even though I am here primarily to learn, I feel it's selfish and cold to come to a forum purely to ask questions and give nothing in return. That is why I try to offer information when I have any, or at least offer an opinion when I feel informed enough. Same is true of in person conversations.
Best way to make yourself at home and by liked by everyone is to make fun of me. I am on a large number of block/ignore lists.
It took me a while to earn that distinction!

I'm on 2024.3.25 FSD 12.3.6 and I have Netflix - we just used it over the weekend in our 2023 MY LR while waiting in a parking lot for a concert venue to start letting folks in. So I'm in the early adopter FSD branch basically. Are you saying you don't have Netflix on the 2024.3.x branch? I'm not a Spotify user so I cannot comment on that particular item.

• Funny
Ran into it years ago on Netnews; have used it from time to time. I never looked it up; cognoscenti translates pretty directly into English from Latin/Italian as, "Thems that knows."

The regulars on this thread definitely fall under that category, at least when it comes to FSD(S).

Just checked Miriam-Webster. Huh. Been in use in English since 1775.

English is a fun language. It doesn't just borrow words from other languages - it mugs the other language, drags it into an alley, steals everything in the other language's wallet, and riffles through the other languages pockets.

Fun fact: The official state language of Papua New Guinea is Pidgin English. Don't ask.
Love pidgin in Hawaii. Never heard it spoken anywhere else. Now I have to go to Papua