Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD? Go for it or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a 2022 MYLR less then 3 months old and I use Autosteer (with TACC of course) a lot. If I get FSD, will I still be able to use Autosteer alone without turning on FSD or will I have to use FSD just to get the Autosteer function?
With the FSD feature, you will be using it whenever you activate TACC/Autosteer. However if you do not specify a destination, it will only take you straight ahead. With the FSD feature on board, TACC will honor all traffic signals and stop signs automatically. Without FSD it will only chime at traffic signals, requiring action to proceed.

With the FSD feature, you will be using it whenever you activate TACC/Autosteer. However if you do not specify a destination, it will only take you straight ahead. With the FSD feature on board, TACC will honor all traffic signals and stop signs automatically. Without FSD it will only chime at traffic signals, requiring action to proceed.
Thanks. From that description and my experience so far with autosteer, I think I would like FSD. Stopping automatically at Stop signs and lights would be a real plus for safety. A year or so back I came close to running a Stop sign on a blind turn because I was mentally distracted and, I'm quite certain, the Stop Ahead sign was missing (its there now). Suddenly I see a tractor-trailer cross the road in front of me and I'm freaking out for a split second until I notice I'm the one with the Stop sign! Even if FSD isn't perfect, I'll take a backup system that works 99% of the time over 0%. I realize that I'll still be watching everything all the time just like I do now with Autosteer. I just hope it doesn't wait to the last second to begin slowing down for a stop.