Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anyone want to take bets if it's based on 2023.7.X?

I bet it is.
Since 11.4.4 was based on 2023.7.x, I guess probably you are right about 11.4.7, but I will go ahead and bet the other side. Would seem pretty weird at this point to not to bring people somewhat more up to date, and merge back into the latest software path.

Since 11.4.4 was based on 2023.7.x, I guess probably you are right about 11.4.7, but I will go ahead and bet the other side. Would seem pretty weird at this point to not to bring people somewhat more up to date, and merge back into the latest software path.
Except it’s just a point release. Actually a point point release. Changing the underlying version would require a significant rewrite which wouldn’t normally happen between 11.4.6 as of 11.4.7

TeslaFi just reported this:
"A new software version has been detected on TeslaFi.com - Software version 2023.18.0 was just detected as on a 2022 Tesla Model R1T Quad".
Nothing about FSD beta but that is a Rivian model not a Tesla. Could this be testing for FSD licensing? It just makes you go HHHmmmmm......
Of course it could just be a mistaken report.

Edit: See @MP3Mike post below regarding ElectraFi.

Last edited:
TeslaFi just reported this:
"A new software version has been detected on TeslaFi.com - Software version 2023.18.0 was just detected as on a 2022 Tesla Model R1T Quad".
Nothing about FSD beta but that is a Rivian model not a Tesla. Could this be testing for FSD licensing? It just makes you go HHHmmmmm......
Of course it could just be a mistaken report.
Probably just a cross from their new product ElectraFi which provides the same service as TeslaFi but to Rivians...

Finally tried 11.4.6. It did pretty good on the highway and getting off to go to my house. It still has the same problems at the 4 way stop to turn in to my neighborhood. It stops then creeps forward for way too long (for no reason) then decides to turn left but mid turn gets confused and starts to go more straight toward the curb then stops and creeps slowly left again. The behavior improved with one of the 11.3 builds but has reverted to terrible since then.

Finally tried 11.4.6. It did pretty good on the highway and getting off to go to my house. It still has the same problems at the 4 way stop to turn in to my neighborhood. It stops then creeps forward for way too long (for no reason) then decides to turn left but mid turn gets confused and starts to go more straight toward the curb then stops and creeps slowly left again. The behavior improved with one of the 11.3 builds but has reverted to terrible since then.
Yep, that seems to be the 11.4.x consensus. No joy especially in traffic.