Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
It's clear they have perception, so this is down to planning, which can be trained.
Planning is only so good when it's garbage in. Dollars to donuts this issue didn't appear with any particular release. Instead it's a systemic issue the team has been chasing from inception. As the system became more 'refined' (term used loosely), the issue became more and more apparent.

Reactions: jebinc
Well this is a first for me. My car got 2023.44.30.2 on the 20th and everything seemed good.
Then yesterday the AC freaked out and showed outside temps at 154F (it’s 64F) and inside temps as 98F (it’s 69) so I’m trying to stay warm while the cars is blasting trying to cool it down.
Opened a service call and there is a service alert saying the AC needs maintenance- but there’s no notification in the car.
Date on the service alert is the date/time the new software finished installing. Coincidence? I think not, this was an ECU update as well.
Of course Tesla has no service free until mid January

Well this is a first for me. My car got 2023.44.30.2 on the 20th and everything seemed good.
Then yesterday the AC freaked out and showed outside temps at 154F (it’s 64F) and inside temps as 98F (it’s 69) so I’m trying to stay warm while the cars is blasting trying to cool it down.
Opened a service call and there is a service alert saying the AC needs maintenance- but there’s no notification in the car.
Date on the service alert is the date/time the new software finished installing. Coincidence? I think not, this was an ECU update as well.
Of course Tesla has no service free until mid January
With just a few days until Christmas 🎄, they couldn't of F'ed up these releases any more.
Merry Christmas 🎅 from Tesla to everyone, and don't forget to bend over. How the hell am I going to do a USB 50 light show marathon without this update...
Maybe my wife is a witch or sorceress and is screwing us all with her powers???

I even had to take the trash out this week... why would she be doing this to us all???

Taking out the trash = spouse duties after dark.

I just received the 2023.44.30.5.1 fix to the recall fix. (I had 2023.44.30.2) But it looks like there is a 2023.44.30.6 version now as well, maybe that is the fix to 2023.44.30.4 that is for different hardware configurations?)

View attachment 1002139
Yes, now 2023.44.30.6 is waiting for wifi to download to replace 44.30.4 that got pulled from our car before it was downloaded/installed. We have an S that has been upgraded to HW3/MCU2.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
it looks like there is a 2023.44.30.6 version now as well, maybe that is the fix to 2023.44.30.4 that is for different hardware configurations?)

View attachment 1002139
TeslaFi shows 2023.44.30.6 nearly 90% of 450 pending are Model S/X. Of all the 2023.44.30.x so far, the largest groups underrepresented in US rollout had been HW4 and HW2.5, so maybe this will bring holiday update to those vehicles while .5.1 fixes some issue for the vehicles affected by the earlier rollouts.

Interestingly, Teslascope shows the largest previous version getting .6 is FSD Beta 11.4.7.3:
Code:
2023.27.7     29
2023.44.30.2  16
2023.27.12    14
2023.44.30.4  13
2023.44.1      5
…

Both .5.1 and .6 are newly adding people who haven't received the holiday update, so the rollout continues!

With just a few days until Christmas 🎄, they couldn't of F'ed up these releases any more.
Merry Christmas 🎅 from Tesla to everyone, and don't forget to bend over. How the hell am I going to do a USB 50 light show marathon without this update...
Maybe my wife is a witch or sorceress and is screwing us all with her powers???

I even had to take the trash out this week... why would she be doing this to us all???

Taking out the trash = spouse duties after dark.
.6 coming soon…. 🤣