Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a red hands/wheel take over immediately event today while on the highway (10.69.3.1). I'm going down I-93 SB in the morning and the sun was low. I was using AP/FSDb to navigate (NoA on the highway). 93 traverses pretty much due south but has gentle curves in it, so at times, the sun is slightly left, slightly right, or dead ahead. When dead ahead, I'd get a notification about poor visibility and AP speed limit decreased. The car would drop from my set speed (70mph) to around 65mph. I was fine with this, as it was Sunday morning and there weren't a lot of cars around.

But 30 min into the drive, suddenly I got the red wheel and take over immediately message. No advanced warning, and I wasn't paying attention if I was in the "poor visibility" state. The warning persisted until I used the stalk-up. I heard the AP disengagement sound, and the warning ended.

I was thinking to myself, is this the dreaded no-warning FSDb strike? Fortunately, I checked my Autopilot settings, and it said this car had no strikes still.

I got a red hands/wheel take over immediately event today while on the highway (10.69.3.1). I'm going down I-93 SB in the morning and the sun was low. I was using AP/FSDb to navigate (NoA on the highway). 93 traverses pretty much due south but has gentle curves in it, so at times, the sun is slightly left, slightly right, or dead ahead. When dead ahead, I'd get a notification about poor visibility and AP speed limit decreased. The car would drop from my set speed (70mph) to around 65mph. I was fine with this, as it was Sunday morning and there weren't a lot of cars around.

But 30 min into the drive, suddenly I got the red wheel and take over immediately message. No advanced warning, and I wasn't paying attention if I was in the "poor visibility" state. The warning persisted until I used the stalk-up. I heard the AP disengagement sound, and the warning ended.

I was thinking to myself, is this the dreaded no-warning FSDb strike? Fortunately, I checked my Autopilot settings, and it said this car had no strikes still.
Lucky duck!

Reactions: FSDtester#1
So I used the AP on the highway on the way home today, and this huge pile of sugar gave me a strike lol, I don’t even know what I did wrong. Just got a random large warning to grab the yoke and steer manually.

I should’ve reported it, oh wait the report button isn’t there anymore.

I guess the AP strike affects the FSD strike count haha.

View attachment 880659
Got this at the end of the drive. What a pile of trash lol, I don’t even know why I bother turning it on, most of the time it either does something dumb or finds another way to be annoying.

View attachment 880662

Clearly the telemetry figured out something was wrong…. So it needs to tell me what was wrong, else it can frick off.

Happened to me twice in 3 days first week of having 69.3.1 (been a tester since 6/4 with no issue)
Both times on NoA and not on city FSDB.
Both times no warning, just BIG RED wheel and TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY completely out of the blue.
Only thing I can tell I was doing both times it happened was my foot on the go pedal to coast (rather than regen) while on the downside of an overpass, with no one in front of me.
Scared to use it now because unlike you, I have no cabin camera and the next strike is FSD jail.

I wish I held off updating to 69.3.1

Last edited:
Just be sure to keep both hands on the wheel, applying torque (so unbalanced, as we all know how to do) in an appropriate direction at all times, and keep eyes on the road, looking straight ahead (only brief checks to either side are permitted). Definitely do not remove your hands from the yoke at any time.

If that's what you were already doing, I have no idea what happened.
Like this?

It's speculated somewhere that he has one of those "S3XY button" things out of sight of the camera that applies the speed up/down action that counts towards preventing the next nag
I actually wasted 16 minutes of my life watching the whole thing. Nothing touched the wheel or the scroll buttons.
I get a nag every 10 seconds FFS (or 456)

I'm still using FSDb the way I always have, as follows:

I "phantom drive" the entire time FSDb is engaged. This means that I am constantly applying torque to the steering wheel as I would as if I were actually driving the car.
What about on a long straight stretch? With a good alignment, I can go longer than FSD nags before having to make any corrections.
With FSD I have to constantly and consciously push on the wheel, over and over, for it to "feel" that I am there,

I would not be constantly jerking the wheel on a straight stretch of road unless I had a really bad alignment job.

A wireless button you can place wherever you want to trigger various actions?

What are you talking about?!?

Mine already ordered

Reactions: Ramphex
I’ve said this before but I find it really aggravating that Tesla goes to the trouble to develop software that can tell if you’re paying attention then only uses it to punish you when it thinks you’re not. Why can’t they use it to avoid a nag when it can see you looking straight forward at the road????
Different cost of error.

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
I actually wasted 16 minutes of my life watching the whole thing. Nothing touched the wheel or the scroll buttons.
I get a nag every 10 seconds FFS (or 456)
Agree. I get constant nags when all I am doing is watching the road and paying attention. Those are special people for whom those nags are disabled.

Last edited:
applies the speed up/down action

I think it applies/signals “autopilot hands on.” You would see volume adjust occurring if it did that. (Haven’t watched the videos but I assume volume adjust doesn’t happen otherwise someone would have mentioned it.)

So these SEXY buttons should be easy to defeat too, as long as they get analog torque readouts. Even easier than a buddy device! If they defeat that, then volume controls would be needed and they could apply stricter requirements to those.

Why can’t they use it to avoid a nag when it can see you looking straight forward at the road????
Pretty sure they think it is important to keep your hands on the wheel, based on all the warning messages.

Reactions: FSDtester#1