Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi 10.69,

If the S3XY buttons did not look different from other Tesla controls,
I would like one to open the glove box...
It seems for me, the glove box button is always under three layers
of other screens or overlays.

So far I have done okay maintaining micro torque on the yoke by hand.

I'm still struggling with the turn signals... Creaky, arthritic thumbs...
The paddle switches on my wife's 2015 Model S would be nice...

Dreaming,

Shawn

How often do you need to access the glovebox (serious question). I find I open mine a couple times a year - to put in the new registration, safety inspection result, and insurance cards. Access is two taps: the car icon, then the glovebox button. They are 2 taps I don't mind doing because I've never needed access to the glove box while driving. That's why I'm curious about your use case. It sounds like you use yours often?

How often do you need to access the glovebox (serious question). I find I open mine a couple times a year - to put in the new registration, safety inspection result, and insurance cards. Access is two taps: the car icon, then the glovebox button. They are 2 taps I don't mind doing because I've never needed access to the glove box while driving. That's why I'm curious about your use case. It sounds like you use yours often?
I believe you can also use the voice command "Open the glovebox" to do it without ever touching the screen. It's easy to forget how handy voice commands can be at times!

Every time I can't find something I open mine and look even thought I KNOW it is not in there. 🙃

I also use the ONE press "open the glove box".

I believe you can also use the voice command "Open the glovebox" to do it without ever touching the screen. It's easy to forget how handy voice commands can be at times!

I do use voice commands for other things. But like I said before, when I need access to the glove box, I'm not driving. The car is typically parked in the garage, and I'm entering from the passenger side to replace some paperwork in it. I find it faster to use the screen than the voice command in this situation.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
@KLam your previous posts are a complete waste of people's time.
I am not trying to waste people's time. I am not talking about a defeat device. Actually I think talking about a defeat device is a waste of people's time and money. However, I think I have the responsibility not to share the details on an open forum as it has impact on how effective Tesla could detect the irresponsible people who try to cheat a safety requirement.

I am not trying to waste people's time. I am not talking about a defeat device. Actually I think talking about a defeat device is a waste of people's time and money. However, I think I have the responsibility not to share the details on an open forum as it has impact on how effective Tesla could detect the irresponsible people who try to cheat a safety requirement.

then you shouldn't have brought it up in an open forum in the first place:

I suggest that you guys re-watch Omar's clips very carefully. There is a "secret" out there for reduced nags in plain sight! ;)

Such a hero, you intentionally waste peoples time trying to get them to “find” something in a 15 minute long video giving clues along the way but find it immoral to reveal what you think you found, you Don’t want to reveal anything in a public forum so I guess a simple DM would be the best way to reveal it without losing your morality. Go back under your bridge and leave the adults to discuss further

He's using his knee to provide resistance.

Don't think so. His steering wheel is pretty high. I have mine set where the top of the wheel is just below the screen, and my seat is at max height (I have a short torso), and I still need to actively raise my thigh a bit to make contact with the wheel, and it's not comfortable to sustain that leg lift.

Watching first few min of the vid, he never moves that leg. So for this to work, his leg is already in constant contact with the wheel, rather than an occasional leg lift. I don't think that's possible for the above reasons I stated, but suppose his particular body build and ergonomics allow for it. There are parts where the car goes over bumps where his legs are being freely jostled around, which I don't think would happen if the thigh were up against the wheel. In some of his other videos where there is direct sunlight, the wheel casts a shadow on his thigh. I'd guess there's at least 2 inches of clearance there.

This also would not be something I think Tesla would ever try to address. I'd wager that to get this working, it would be so awkward for most people (seat and wheel position) that just holding the damn wheel would be easier.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Hi 10.69,

Sorry for all of the glove box talk...

@nvx1977 How often do I open the glove box - frequently...
Registration, insurance, trailer registration,
tire pressure gauge, fob batteries, and TeslaCam USB or TeslaUSB.
It was a nice thought to put the USB in there but it's a PITA.
I don't have excessively large hands but they barely fit for the USB.
I am OCD about the USB making sure it works and experimenting
with various models and the Raspberry pi implementations.

4 touches for me: Car > Fasten Seat Belt > Homelink > Glove box button
Done from passenger seat because I cannot reach the glove box from the driver seat.
It would not be so bad except they placed the glove box icon on the
bottom corner of the panel where it is overlayed by extra panels.

@JulienW and others: Voice commands do not work for me.
A botched intubation in a cervical spinal surgery paralyzed one of my vocal cords.
Since then my voice is weak and rarely works with any voice activated systems...

I want my button back,

Shawn