Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate - reborn...

If you're a Hawaii Tesla Owner, do you depend on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's a little different, but I passed safety check with no front plate. They didn't even question it. I still have my Florida tag and they don't issue them for the front. They took the pictures with the iPad and sent me on my way.

In not so good a way. Looks like Kokua Line harvested their answer from the forum. I guess we need to watch what we say here to avoid being noticed. Now that attention has been drawn to this, we will likely see them come down on us regularly & repeatedly. Nuthin' to be gained.

Last edited:
Grrr...I guess everyone was going to get narc-ed out eventually. Bummer about that! Just went ahead and bought this below, and hoping it'll be decent enough. Seems to have good reviews. Just like with our free airport/public parking: This is why we can't have nice things! :(

No-Hole Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Installation kit | eBay

We're in the news.....

Kokua Line: Both license plates required on Teslas and other electric cars

Kokua Line: Both license plates required on Teslas and other electric cars

Grrr...I guess everyone was going to get narc-ed out eventually. Bummer about that! Just went ahead and bought this below, and hoping it'll be decent enough. Seems to have good reviews. Just like with our free airport/public parking: This is why we can't have nice things! :(

No-Hole Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Installation kit | eBay

Hey thetravelingdc, could you possibly take pictures of what is sent to you and the whole install process. The whole ebay listing is so vague and will help me and others to decide if this is what we want.
Thanks in advance!

My plates finally arrived but I only mounted the rear! The stock front mount SUCKS just doesn't do for me and it ruins the look of a great car! Going to keep the front off for now until I decide what aftermarket mount system to purchase.

While you are thinking, do something like this and carry it in your trunk for those just-in-case you get sttopped. If you do, then you can put it on the front. Parts on Amazon for $15-20
Suction Cup Plate.jpg

2017-2018 Tesla Model 3 STO-N-SHO... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8WZPP4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I baught this, but never installed. I just baught a front lip spoiler, so I don't think it would work well with it anymore. I just got the setup akikiki did with the suction cups.
If anyone wants the other one I baught, make me a reasonable offer. It's a very good set up.

I was thinking of going with ThatGrin license plate mount and a front lip spoiler too. My license would be mounted and stored in the fronk, but not installed until I feel "the heat" from the authorities! May I ask you where you purchased your front spoiler from? And pictures?