Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You lack vision.

I forsee a future where someone markets an add-on for that big blank front nose - a ruggedized LED screen for advertising - Make Money With Your Model 3!

...or maybe just put one of those Lyft mustaches on it!

I got your Tesla (BMW) grills for ya! Apologies in advance... :p

Tesla Grills.jpg

Maybe someone will make vinyl wraps for the Model 3 with BMW, Maserati, etc "looks" LOL.

Has anyone noticed the slim longitudinal lights on the nose? Kind of a nice touch and I think further help accentuate the front. It's a nice shape and I think it is going to look very slick at night. Almost creates a signature for the car as it approaches.

I got your Tesla (BMW) grills for ya! Apologies in advance... :p

View attachment 169999

Maybe someone will make vinyl wraps for the Model 3 with BMW, Maserati, etc "looks" LOL.
Ack! A Bangle-ized Tesla! Noooooo!!!!!

Again, it's not the lack of grill, it's the flat, non rounded, not-streamlined-looking front end that looks weird to me. The car would look fine with a more rounded grill-free front end.

Maybe shorten (less high) a bit and round the kink (see Takumi's photoshopped Porsche nose above)

Reactions: bigbear and Model 3
No, no, no, no! Why do people keep harping on the lack of a grille?!?

It is not the lack of a grill that makes it look weird. It's the completely flat front nose, that looks like if could be made from a sheet of plywood. It looks completely un-aerodynamic and "un-sleek", almost as if a last minute styling decision was to run it into the wall a couple of times.

It looks weird because it doesn't look finished. Like they got to the front of a rectangular block of clay and stopped rounding the front, vs sticking on 4" more clay and rounding it off.

I'm no aerodynamic engineer, but I don't see how that flat front helps the Cd.

Like the Toyota Wood EV?

Toyota wood car.jpg

Reactions: bigbear