Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging in Europe and Israel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to exclude the ones open to none Tesla so my local Trafford Centre is not included. Oh well.

Edit - sorry, it is showing as free. I may go and see as only at 30%. Showing as 6 available.
My wife has an ID.3 and I have mentioned to her before that she should sign up with a Tesla app as a backstop for when she's on her travels and in anticipation of more SC's opening up to all-comers. Today's bargain offer was too good to miss, so she signed up and we went to the Trafford Centre to test the theory.

As it happens, we struck lucky and got onto a charger more or less straight away, despite there already being 3 DPD vans plugged in and a 4th followed us in. She was able to charge from around 35% to 80% in about half an hour and her Tesla app confirmed 'free charging'. Bargain, or so we thought.

This evening she discovered that that Tesla have charged her bank account £20 with no description other than 'Tesla' showing on the debit. Her Tesla app still shows 'free charging' in the history section.

She deliberately didn't sign up for the monthly subscription, so we know its not that, but does anyone know if Tesla make a deduction to create an opening account balance, like Podpoint do?

We have tried to raise this with Tesla but you will appreciate there is little hope of a response that way, but just wondered if you folks have any idea what's going on?

We were away straight after the charge hit 80% so there won't be any overstay issues.

Suspected that, but surprised that there was no mention of it in the sign up nor confirmation of £20 credit on the account?
There is no credit with a pre-auth, the charge just drops off after a few days. (At least here in the US.)

Pre-auths are one of the reasons that I will never use a debit card for purchasing anything. I only ever use one for ATM access. (Another reason is the 2-10% cash back I get with credit cards.)

IMG_6026.jpeg

Can’t see how much I took but was 40% at Newark and 60% at Hopwood.

There is no credit with a pre-auth, the charge just drops off after a few days. (At least here in the US.)

Pre-auths are one of the reasons that I will never use a debit card for purchasing anything. I only ever use one for ATM access. (Another reason is the 2-10% cash back I get with credit cards.)
That makes sense.

Mrs HenryT says thanks MP3Mike.