Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging and Discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a fully computerized car. They shouldn’t need six days to track the delivery date and activate the free credit. Should take only few minutes over the internet.
Even if they screw it up, they can always do the auditing and cancel the credit later once confirmed and so the customers who are eligible don’t need to wait six days. That would be considered exceptional customer service.

Well they don’t even have a live person to answer your concerns during online order process and everything is via text messages. Not surprising at all.
In the great picture is it Really that big deal? They offered you something for free yet it’s still a complaint. You do realize your Likely charge the car at cost some day as 10k won’t last that long. Not a conspiracy but interesting to see how a value added can change to an entitled challenge lol.

Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. I picked up a new model 3 last week and I haven’t received my charger yet. Was really counting on the super charging miles to kick in today but that was a bummer. Just got fully charged for $22 at the nearest supercharger.

I don’t know what Elon is trying to prove by waiting until January 6 for the credit. :(
Prob doesn’t want super chargers to get busy during the holiday travel season.

Reactions: hodad66
The 10,000 miles landed here in central Florida, Jan 4, 2023 mid afternoon!!

DSC05449.jpg

:cool:

I’m trying to understand why Tesla offered this 7500 credit and now IRS is saying the most desirable variants aren’t eligible for tax credit. You have to assume the average Tesla buyer has done their research and knows that additional discounts are coming and will delay/ cancel their orders. Interest rates are crushing the car market right now so Tesla might want to keep those 7500 discounts on all models until Irs provides clarity.

I’m trying to understand why Tesla offered this 7500 credit and now IRS is saying the most desirable variants aren’t eligible for tax credit. You have to assume the average Tesla buyer has done their research and knows that additional discounts are coming and will delay/ cancel their orders. Interest rates are crushing the car market right now so Tesla might want to keep those 7500 discounts on all models until Irs provides clarity.
One might assume that the Tax credits were aimed at those that actually NEEDED an incentive to be able to afford a new Tesla vehicle. As to why or how Tesla chose to offer the incentives, I'm guessing cancelled orders. In my case (lease) there was no guarantee that the tax credit would be passed through to the consumer so I bit at the $3750 immediately. I have never spent so much on a vehicle (monthly) in my life and if I am to lease another Tesla art will have to be one in a mid range price structure.

One might assume that the Tax credits were aimed at those that actually NEEDED an incentive to be able to afford a new Tesla vehicle. As to why or how Tesla chose to offer the incentives, I'm guessing cancelled orders. In my case (lease) there was no guarantee that the tax credit would be passed through to the consumer so I bit at the $3750 immediately. I have never spent so much on a vehicle (monthly) in my life and if I am to lease another Tesla art will have to be one in a mid range price structure.
Credits has nothing to do with affordability. Elon just wanted to boost the sales for the Q4 to stop the stocks from crashing year end.

I knew he would raise it to $7500. Why would he offer half when people could wait 10 more days to get full $7500 credit. That wasn’t smart move and he lost few days trying to bait on desperate customers. Lol

Trust me prices will be coming down in the USA on every Tesla because the fed crushed the car market with interest rates. The only reason they haven’t dropped all cars 7500 off current price is the concern over share price. Well they announced China cut today and understandably the stock isn’t reacting well. Regardless this is a demand issue and I would love a Y it’s just too expensive at 70k. Also, why is Tesla able to sell a Y in China at a $37,000 entry price for that same car is over $55000 here.

8CD18718-0850-4106-B0B8-2082DD577CE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Trust me prices will be coming down in the USA on every Tesla because the fed crushed the car market with interest rates. The only reason they haven’t dropped all cars 7500 off current price is the concern over share price. Well they announced China cut today and understandably the stock isn’t reacting well. Regardless this is a demand issue and I would love a Y it’s just too expensive at 70k. Also, why is Tesla able to sell a Y in China at a $37,000 entry price where that same car is over $55000 here.

View attachment 892979
Not just Tesla most car manufacturers are following the suit. Ford raised prices on Mache models 3-8K. There lame excuse was due to battery production requirements. It’s all about money and demand/supply chain.

That’s just such a bizarre situation. While I’m in the camp that prices will come down over the next 6-12m, I have to side with Tesla here. There is no advertised “price guarantee” to warrant crying at the gates that you paid more than someone the week after. If they were to magically give credits, when should they stop? A week ago? Month? 6 months? Are they also able to retroactively raise prices on sales which are completed too?

If you bought a share of TSLA a year ago, can you also protest that the price is much much lower today? It’s just called life. Take off your training pants and get on with it.

Reactions: Neraky and cenwesi
Status
Not open for further replies.