Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging allowance on delivery day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

xyeahtony

Mar 21, 2017
Louisiana
Did anyone here use the supercharger network on the day they took delivery of their car? I drove from Houston to Baton Rouge and charged in Channelview and Lake Charles and used maybe 50KwH. However on mytesla.com i still see i have a 400kwh allowance (i used the superchargers 10 days ago). Has anyone else seen this or does mytesla.com take longer to update your supercharging allowance.

I do not know. However, there is a short lag between taking delivery and the activation of the Tesla application on your phone. Perhaps the Supercharger usage fee is tied into this somehow.

A Tesla Ranger also told me that when your car goes in for service, the status of the car in Tesla's logs changes to an internal code. I would presume that this status also defeats the Supercharger usage fee assessment. One of both of these situations might explain your situation.

But since I am guessing, perhaps not. o_O

Did anyone here use the supercharger network on the day they took delivery of their car? I drove from Houston to Baton Rouge and charged in Channelview and Lake Charles and used maybe 50KwH. However on mytesla.com i still see i have a 400kwh allowance (i used the superchargers 10 days ago). Has anyone else seen this or does mytesla.com take longer to update your supercharging allowance.

Interesting you ask, I made my first road trip last Saturday and had to stop in Greenville on the way and the way back. I was only charged (taken from my 400kWh bank) for the return trip charging. Not even a hint of the charge on the way up.

The charge against my 400 allotment was shown very quickly.

I did not get a free SC allowance on the day of delivery from the Fremont factory, but when I checked MyTesla I noticed that my car was plugged into the Supercharger 3 days before my delivery and the time/charge was deducted from my 400kwh balance. One call to my DS got my balance reset to 400kwh. I'm pretty sure in case of any issues, Tesla will fairly generously apply SC credits out of goodwill. Keep this in mind in case you ever run into any situation where Tesla needs to be apologetic to you.

I charged in Slidell, LA a few days ago for only 20 minutes and my allowance went down from 400 -> 380 in less than 24 hours. Maybe there is no official free supercharger allowance for any reason but there could be system glitches or whatnot from time to time that do not record how much Kwh you've taken :)

I'm not too fussed about supercharger fees though, did the math, and its still far far less than paying for gasoline.