Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford EVs by 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that there's no clear "XX miles per charge" statement on the website.

I couldn't find any indication of range anywhere on the website. Indicators on other websites are 100 miles max range and the fact Ford doesn't mention it probably means it's not something they're proud of. I did the design and build and came out to $41,385. That's pretty high with limited options and max 100 mile range....The basic Model S will look pretty attractive in comparison.

That's pretty high with limited options and max 100 mile range....The basic Model S will look pretty attractive in comparison.

My thoughts exactly.

When the Focus EV was announced I thought it would be closer to the Leaf's price point; especially since the range is probably similar. Before any taxes (so no credits) a base Focus EV is $39,995. On an auto loan at 2.99% for 60 months with no money down it would cost $718.48/month.

For price comparisons, a base Model S is $57,400 (again, before any taxes or credits). On a 60 month loan at 2.99% the monthly payment would be: $1,031.15. Remember that the Focus EV has no trunk (or frunk, AFAIK) which means the Model S has much more usability (and it goes 60% further on a charge)...

Last edited:
But an EV won't help attain the CAFE standard unless they actually sell enough volume. So I'm surprised that they aren't putting a lower price-point on these EVs. I'm sure that Ford's bean-counters won't tolerate selling a vehicle at a loss, even if it allows Ford to sell more high-margin vehicles and still stay within the CAFE requirements.

But an EV won't help attain the CAFE standard unless they actually sell enough volume. So I'm surprised that they aren't putting a lower price-point on these EVs. I'm sure that Ford's bean-counters won't tolerate selling a vehicle at a loss, even if it allows Ford to sell more high-margin vehicles and still stay within the CAFE requirements.

You think they want to actually sell them? Nah, they will offer them for sale, and then complain, "See? Nobody wants them. You need to repeal that regulation!". Same as last time...