Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki For those who have placed an order for a new 3.0 battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is odd, since my car #33 is now 3 days past its 7th birthday (well, actually 7th anniversary of its sale), and your #55 is a bit younger.

I agree, but this is what I got in an email today (take a look at the linked Roadster 3.0 FAQ for some interesting news(no upgrade coming for aerodynamics, bearings, or brakes)):

For Roadster owners that opted in for the 7 year battery replacement, we will offer the 2.0 battery at no cost with an option to upgrade to 3.0 for an additional $6000. If the customer has not yet reached their 6[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary date, there will be an additional $2,000 per year based on the below criteria. It appears the customer you’re inquiring about is currently sitting in Year 7, Once his 7[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary date hits towards at the end of the month and he enters Year 8, he should be entitled to $1000 back, making the upgrade cost for him $5000. If he wants to move forward, he needs to place a deposit through the Tesla Gear site.

We also have the updated Roadster 3.0 FAQs.

I agree, but this is what I got in an email today (take a look at the linked Roadster 3.0 FAQ for some interesting news(no upgrade coming for aerodynamics, bearings, or brakes)):

[...]

We also have the updated Roadster 3.0 FAQs.

Wow, thanks for posting! Was wondering if we'd see FAQ-type info.

Didn't see anything in the FAQ about whether the adjustable suspension was required or recommended for the 3.0 upgrade (e.g., with the increased weight), but keeping an eye out as I think about my next years Roadster "budget"...

Bumping this up so anyone who has placed a deposit recently can add to the ThreadSummary / Wiki at the front. (No deposit holder listed has received a date to schedule their upgrade yet, right?)

One other item: this is the thread in which aero, bearings, brakes, were mentioned as *not* coming as described in the briefly-viewable Roadster 3.0 FAQ Googledocs doc.

I just dropped by the Rockville, MD Service Center, and the Service Manager tells me there are three 3.0 batteries currently slated to come here. The first is scheduled for its swap next month, and mine is the one after that.

Got a call today from the Burlingame California Service Center. They are ready to install a 3.0 battery in my 1.5. Appointment made for July 5th. I asked how long they estimated it would take once they got the car and was told "12 hours", so two days. If it goes that smoothly, I will be very happy.

I asked if the Burlingame Service Center had ever installed a 3.0 battery and the woman I was speaking to said "I think this is our first one".

Got a call today from the Burlingame California Service Center. They are ready to install a 3.0 battery in my 1.5. Appointment made for July 5th. I asked how long they estimated it would take once they got the car and was told "12 hours", so two days. If it goes that smoothly, I will be very happy.

I asked if the Burlingame Service Center had ever installed a 3.0 battery and the woman I was speaking to said "I think this is our first one".

Just based on the 3.0 thread here on TMC, it sounds like the "12 hours/2 days" is...optimistic (if not a little laughable).

That's a lot to ask from a Service Center, even if it was just a straight 1.5-to-1.5 battery replacement.

I hope they get it down to that, though. I think some of the heavy labor costs with repairing/maintaining the one-off design of the Roadster makes the Service Centers cringe a bit when us Roadster owners drive in (at least here on the east coast, where Roadsters aren't a dime-a-dozen.)

My 1.5 went into the Palo Alto Service Center yesterday for the battery upgrade. Barring unforeseen complications, they say I should get it back this week. I asked about the "R80" badge and was told it is part of the upgrade and they will get me one. I am stoked!

With the move of TMC to new forum software, I do not know how to edit and update the wiki post that is the second post in this thread.