Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki For those who have placed an order for a new 3.0 battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could we add a column with production year and/or CAC to the wiki for those willing to share? Would be interesting to have an idea of the current health of the batteries to be replaced.

Good idea. (Not that we'll be able to participate with the 1.5 info that is out...)

Also suggest folks provide the CAC of the new 3.0 pack. (Does the scale change and if so, into what?)

Could we add a column with production year and/or CAC to the wiki for those willing to share? Would be interesting to have an idea of the current health of the batteries to be replaced.
No problem, I've added columns for Roadster Version # and CAC.
For those on the list, you can post or PM me with that additional information if you wish to have it added.
Even though it looks like my Roadster won't be getting a 3.0 battery -- based on the latest information -- I will continue to update the list shown in the second post in this thread as long as people send me information.

Now that the new battery is available for the 1.5 cars, I just placed my order!

I was at a Tesla Service Center today. They had no idea that the 3.0 battery was now available for all Roadsters.

I sent a note to my service advisor yesterday congratulating them on the upgrade for 1.5's and he said it was news to him as well.

DaveD / Bellevue-Seattle WA / 2015-10-28 / 1.5 / 123.59 CAC
VIN #181; 99,768 miles

Standard Mode charge is now ~147 Ideal Miles.

I purchased a Battery Replacement. The 7th year anniversary is late Feb. 2016, so I won't be interested in installing the new battery until after then, to avoid paying the additional $2K.

To whoever moved my row in the table of orders in the second post in this thread: I am sure you just wanted to put the rows in order of "Order Date", but my order date remains 2015-09-01 according to Tesla (the date I first placed my battery order for my 1.5), it is not 2015-10-26.
For some reason, using my Mac I cannot add a new row at the top of the table to move my information back up to where it used to be.

To whoever moved my row in the table of orders in the second post in this thread: I am sure you just wanted to put the rows in order of "Order Date", but my order date remains 2015-09-01 according to Tesla (the date I first placed my battery order for my 1.5), it is not 2015-10-26.
For some reason, using my Mac I cannot add a new row at the top of the table to move my information back up to where it used to be.
Wasn't me but I'm happy to fix it for you :)

Order placed!

Oddly, Tesla HQ has a different understanding of the time periods for the Battery Replacement Agreement than I had, so they indicate that my total price will be $5000, as I am owed $1000 back now.

Oddly, Tesla HQ has a different understanding of the time periods for the Battery Replacement Agreement than I had, so they indicate that my total price will be $5000, as I am owed $1000 back now.

That is odd, since my car #33 is now 3 days past its 7th birthday (well, actually 7th anniversary of its sale), and your #55 is a bit younger.