Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For current owners who configured their Dual Motor AWD 3 order in Jun 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
reserved 3/17
ordered 6/29 AWD MSM 19"
est. sep nov
like everyone else it seems.

Judging by the tracking sheet, AWD production is all but frozen at the moment. On the other hand, US Performance seems to get a few vins every day now , and have already bitten a significant share of P orders off.

Tesla owner, Day 1 reservation holder. Configured & ordered 6/26 a silver AWD with sport wheels & EAP. All steps completed, except payment method is grey, but does show that I've selected Tesla financing. Status shows Sep - Nov, with the new language about res date, delivery location, etc.

Current Owner (2016 Model X)
No Pre-Reservation
Ordered and Configured on 07/13/19 (After floodgates open to all) and received RN number - 109160XXX
El Dorado Hills, CA
Tesla site: ~Sept-Nov 18

I'm hopeful that my LR AWD will actually come in as estimated... We'll see...

Where do you see the estimate delivery date? Placed my AWD order may 26.

Edit: no delivery estimate on my account. Just says I will be contacted for delivery..
Same for me. I configured on 5/27. When I was configuring, it said 12-16 weeks for delivery, which would put me at end of August to end of Sept...but I haven't seen any estimated delivery dates on my page ever since I configured.

Same here. Owner with first day in-store reservation. Ordered AWD the day I got the email - May 23 - and now says I will be contacted. When I ordered it said 12-16 weeks which would put it at mid-August to Mid-September. I hope so...

Note I haven’t filled in all the details, still need to upload drivers license photo and insurance info. Also I’m looking on my phone. But I think that shouldn’t make a difference.

They’ve now updated my page to say:

Estimated delivery: Sep. '18 - Nov. '18
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Bummer. After reading recent reviews I’m tempted to go for the P, but cooler heads have prevailed so far. I still have the “edit design” link.

Update: I have filled in everything but the new insurance coverage, which I expect depends on having a VIN.

I got an email this evening with my VIN! It's from an Inside Delivery Advisor based in Las Vegas:

My name is Melissa and I work with our Model 3 support team. I am very excited to share the good news that your Model 3 is finishing with production and now has a VIN placed in your Tesla Account.

The vin (640XX) was included in the email, interestingly pasted as a link which took me to a Salesforce App login screen on Tesla.com that naturally wouldn't respond to my MyTesla login credentials - I guess that's where she copied it from. But when I went to MyTesla, the VIN isn't there yet however the Edit Configuration link is gone. It was too late to call her to find out about timeframe so I will do so tomorrow - excited!

Now I've just got to figure out if I'm going to wrap it green (haven't been able to find a nice British Racing Green wrap so that's looking less likely), or do a protective film and/or ceramic coating. Probably just ceramic...

Reactions: Bokonon
I got an email this evening with my VIN!

Congrats! Good to see another Boston-area AWD order moving forward.

Which color and wheels did you order? First 640xx VIN I've seen.

EDIT: Just saw the order details now in your signature. I assume you ordered aero wheels, otherwise you'd be the first AWD VIN with sport wheels that I've seen!

Last edited: