Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOB unlock ==> door opens

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most recent versions of the firmware make it so the door should open every time you double-click unlock your X. If it doesn't open, it could mean that you had a proximity unlock already, so double clicking didn't actually do anything. Mine works consistently, and I use it when I approach the vehicle.

Proximity unlock?! I went through all the settings but couldnt find such a setting.
Sorry. That's just intended to mean that you've brought the fob close enough to unlock the car already. It's only a guess, so don't take it too seriously.

I think it should always open with double click; mine does. But I was throwing that out as a possibility.

Proximity unlock?! I went through all the settings but couldnt find such a setting.
Sorry. That's just intended to mean that you've brought the fob close enough to unlock the car already.

Ohmman has a Pearl White, UW 6 seats with Premium Upgrade Package, the door obviously opens consistently, We don't have PUP,
and get lucky once in a while.